1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Have you been to a "Rave"

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Vaclav, Mar 22, 2006.

1. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Is X metabolized by CYP3A? If so, take with grapefruit juice or ketoconazole to enhance the effect.

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

Possibly sadder are the men, usually heterosexual, who give blowjobs in bathrooms for a trip of whatever. I've been tempted to get them some so they won't feast on a filthy appendage for just a night. Logic ends up prevailing over sympathy but still.

On the flip-side, a very strange practice I read about is hetero bikers (I think they were Hells Angels) who would allow gay men to fellate them for a fee..[​IMG]

3. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Uop. No. 2D6:

"Ecstasy" [(+/-)-3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine or MDMA] is a CNS stimulant, whose use is increasing despite evidence of long-term neurotoxicity. In vitro, the majority of MDMA is demethylenated to (+/-)-3,4-dihydroxymethamphetamine (DHMA) by the polymorphic cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6). We investigated the demethylenation of MDMA and dextromethorphan (DEX), as a comparison drug, in reconstituted microsomes expressing the variant CYP2D6 alleles (*)2, (*)10, and (*)17, all of which have been linked to decreased enzyme activity. With MDMA, intrinsic clearances (V(max)/K(m)) in CYP2D6.2, CYP2D6.17, and CYP2D6.10 were reduced 15-, 13-, and 135-fold, respectively, compared with wild-type CYP2D6.1. With DEX, intrinsic clearances were reduced by 37-, 51-, and 164-fold, respectively. It was evident that CYP2D6.17 displayed substrate-specific changes in drug affinity (K(m)). Compounds potentially used with MDMA [fluoxetine, paroxetine, (-)-cocaine] demonstrated significant inhibition of MDMA metabolism in both human liver and CYP2D6.1-expressing microsomes. These data demonstrate that individuals possessing the CYP2D6(*)2, (*)17, and, particularly, (*)10 alleles may show significantly reduced MDMA metabolism. These individuals, and those taking CYP2D6 inhibitors, may demonstrate altered acute and/or long-term MDMA-related toxicity.

4. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

A buddy has been talking about getting some E for tonight, but hasn't done it before. What should he know to be safe?

6. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Well, if he's set on doing it, make sure he doesn't drink any alcohol while high (people have died from mixing), has plenty of water on hand, dresses coolly, and buys only from a "reputable" dealer.

7. VMan

VMan Senior member

My friend says its fucking amazing and it's the happiest he's ever been.

He is also dancing like a damn villain in the livng room as I type.

The sound surrounds me like Dolby 5674.1 surround sound.

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Uop. No. 2D6:

"Ecstasy" [(+/-)-3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine or MDMA] is a CNS stimulant, whose use is increasing despite evidence of long-term neurotoxicity. In vitro, the majority of MDMA is demethylenated to (+/-)-3,4-dihydroxymethamphetamine (DHMA) by the polymorphic cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6). We investigated the demethylenation of MDMA and dextromethorphan (DEX), as a comparison drug, in reconstituted microsomes expressing the variant CYP2D6 alleles (*)2, (*)10, and (*)17, all of which have been linked to decreased enzyme activity. With MDMA, intrinsic clearances (V(max)/K(m)) in CYP2D6.2, CYP2D6.17, and CYP2D6.10 were reduced 15-, 13-, and 135-fold, respectively, compared with wild-type CYP2D6.1. With DEX, intrinsic clearances were reduced by 37-, 51-, and 164-fold, respectively. It was evident that CYP2D6.17 displayed substrate-specific changes in drug affinity (K(m)). Compounds potentially used with MDMA [fluoxetine, paroxetine, (-)-cocaine] demonstrated significant inhibition of MDMA metabolism in both human liver and CYP2D6.1-expressing microsomes. These data demonstrate that individuals possessing the CYP2D6(*)2, (*)17, and, particularly, (*)10 alleles may show significantly reduced MDMA metabolism. These individuals, and those taking CYP2D6 inhibitors, may demonstrate altered acute and/or long-term MDMA-related toxicity.

I think I just experienced the same sort of mental unawareness you get from X (not that I would know), just from reading that whole thing.

Jon.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Possibly sadder are the men, usually heterosexual, who give blowjobs in bathrooms for a trip of whatever. I've been tempted to get them some so they won't feast on a filthy appendage for just a night. Logic ends up prevailing over sympathy but still.
    Nan Goldin will be there.