Have you been to a "Rave"

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Vaclav, Mar 22, 2006.

1. King Salmon

King Salmon Senior member

I suddenly feel so removed from my own generation, but what is PLUR?
    Peace, Love, Unity and Respect. You can describe someone as being cool with the rave scene by saying "Yeah, they're PLUR." Sometimes it is used as a farewell like "Peace". I think it's some serious hippie shit so I never use such phrases.

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

It's the V- to the -aclav, enter in the club, Hat cocked back, smokin' on the shrub. Mackin' fly hunnies, takin' hits of E, Toot a bunch of lines, sippin' GHB. K.Salmon rolls up, snortin' up the Kat, Sees V's cup, says he wants to chat. Vaclav had the Sizurp, Salmon had the bank, Mix it all together, then they sipped on drank. At the Beer Garden, is where this shit went down, Vaclav busts his shoes, on his way uptown [​IMG] .

4. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

this post made me laugh out loud. srsly.

i think i wanted to go to one when i was in like 10th grade for some reason. but then someone told me i'd get stabbed with drug filled syringes and shit. haha. no thx.

5. visionology

visionology Senior member

6. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

Props to VersaceMan, mad rhymin'!

7. Vaclav

Vaclav Senior member

It's the V- to the -aclav, enter in the club, Hat cocked back, smokin' on the shrub. Mackin' fly hunnies, takin' hits of E, Toot a bunch of lines, sippin' GHB. K.Salmon rolls up, snortin' up the Kat, Sees V's cup, says he wants to chat. Vaclav had the Sizurp, Salmon had the bank, Mix it all together, then they sipped on drank. At the Beer Garden, is where this shit went down, Vaclav busts his shoes, on his way uptown [​IMG] .
    It's official V-M, you're rolling, with the juice crew. "Patty cake patty cake hey the VersaceMan Don't eat Skippy, Jif or Peter Pan Peanut butter, cuz I'm not butter In fact I snap back like a rubber band, I be Sam Sam I am And I dont eat green eggs and ham Versace Style will hit ya, wham!"

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PLUR

Oops, someone else got there before me.

Anyway, yeah. Urbandictionary always saves me when I feel removed from my own generation, too.

Cool, thanks. After reading some of the comments I'm reminded how much I like trance, but how much I don't understand the need to hit X to have a good time. I mean call me Trad, but whatever happened to alcohol?

Jon.

9. visionology

visionology Senior member

alcohol makes you tired. You rarely see people drinking alcohol at a rave. The drugs are to heighten sensation and make you feel more lively. This is also why you see people rubbing vicks and lotion because with more sensation from the drugs the feeling is multiplied many times. I remember also seeing people with pacifiers and this I found out was because the drugs made them grind their teeth. So yeah at a rave u see drugs + water for hydration.

10. Vaclav

Vaclav Senior member

alcohol makes you tired. You rarely see people drinking alcohol at a rave.

Should I bring my own?

11. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Should I bring my own?

You're free to, to many of them.

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Cool, thanks. After reading some of the comments I'm reminded how much I like trance, but how much I don't understand the need to hit X to have a good time. I mean call me Trad, but whatever happened to alcohol?

Yeah, my fiancee is getting her PhD in Clinical Psychology, and after a few neurology classes where they discussed the long-term, sometimes permanent effects of doing X even just *once* (basically it usually results in clinical depression for decades--it seriously fucks with seratonin uptake or something), she's decided that she's glad she stuck to acid (!) when she was in high school. When a neuro class tells you it's better to drop acid than hit X, you know it's bad.

13. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Should I bring my own?

Snip the methyl.

14. Horace

Horace Senior member

Yeah, my fiancee is getting her PhD in Clinical Psychology, and after a few neurology classes where they discussed the long-term, sometimes permanent effects of doing X even just *once* (basically it usually results in clinical depression for decades--it seriously fucks with seratonin uptake or something), she's decided that she's glad she stuck to acid (!) when she was in high school. When a neuro class tells you it's better to drop acid than hit X, you know it's bad.

X was legal up through the mid-1980's no? I knew people that'd get it from Texas. RX quality.

When was the first Rave? I used to go to loft-parties in the 80's but the music wasn't the same and the scene was much more junkie-sophisticated then.

15. raley

raley Senior member

I think there is a lot of misinformation about E/X. There were some studies published that said that this stuff would happen (the depression stuff) but apparently they were poorly done. I've never done it, and don't know too much about the subject but apparently "Ectasy Rising" is a pretty good intro to the subject (some ABC or whatever news report that Peter Jennings did).