• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have dark rinse Indigo Denim jeans jumped the shark yet? I think we're VERY close (if not there alr

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any reader of this forum knows that "Dad Jeans" are reviled.

For the style minded, it is very important to stay one step ahead of the curve, so as not to be confused with an outdated suburban "Home Depot Dad". This involves avoiding clothing such as massive rubber soled shoes like Rockport & Ecco, ill-fitting khakis with pleats, and boring Polo shirts.

Well, I have started seeing the people we try not to dress like adopting the dark blue indigo jeans that have been in fashion for the past 10-15 years. Yes, this includes overweight middle aged women, and drunken winos. So, we are now dressing like the very people we try to dress "above"! This only means one thing. The hands of fashion are about to rise again.

As incredible as this may sound to the younger kids here who have not lived through a few decades of fashion cycles, dark rinse jeans are on the way out. They have now fully saturated the public. What is the next step? Have people here already made the move to the next big thing? Or do we just wait for the next big TV show of fashion designer to show us? My money is waiting. In the meantime, I am going to return my newest pair of dark rinse indigo jeans.

Last edited:

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
285f6d3c_41802_116898421708002_7566178_n.jpeg

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:lurk:

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm way ahead of the curve.

I've been washing all my raw selvedge Japanese made, Zimbabwe sourced jeans (all of 3 pairs) in the washer with an extra dose of fabric brightner. I also wash each pair after about 2 wears.

By the time the faded/acid-washed look is in style again, I'd be there :slayer:

bullswin

Reaction score
:slayer:

RE deserves an A+ this weekend. Great stuff. Seriously.

emptym

Reaction score
This, but w/ white jeans, which are also on the way out.

A diy, cutting-edge trend. Two of FC's triumvirate w/ one stone.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The obvious solution is to get yourself some pleated khakis and oversized polo shirts.

Last edited:

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm way ahead of the curve.
I've been washing all my raw selvedge Japanese made, Zimbabwe sourced jeans (all of 3 pairs) in the washer with an extra dose of fabric brightner. I also wash each pair after about 2 wears.
By the time the faded/acid-washed look is in style again, I'd be there :slayer:

with "pure water for the purpose of hand-washing" ,i hope

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thread needs more Cognitive Dissonance. C-

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jawboneofa

Reaction score
No one's wearing burlap sacks much either. You should get one.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Well, as a joke a friend of mine and I bought levis 510 acid wash jeans on super sale (6.99). Needless to say, they have never been work but make for a very hilarious memory.

I think this thread is as stupid as the aforementioned jeans. useless, hardly worth commenting on, and most of all COMPLETELY misdirected. Dark, slim jeans are always going to be stylish, even if theyre not fashionable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads