• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have a work event in a few days, will this suit work?

CityofAngles

Reaction score
I have a work dinner/party this week that's a button-up/suit style event. I haven't worn my suit in a couple year so just tried it on to see if it will work. It seems like the pants are a little baggier than I'd like, and I'm not sure if the color is still in style - navy with some lines? It's a Z Zegna suit that I had tailored to my body 4 years ago. The shirt I hate and I'll look for something better this week as I'll probably be wearing a tie. I want a nice white shirt with a nice thick collar, perhaps Thomas Pink.

Pics - http://imgur.com/a/b6cr1

Reaction score
Hi, most important thing is to wear what you feel comfortable with. When you’re comfortable, your confident and less self-conscious.
Your body can go through many changes in 4 years. I recommend you taking your measurement at least 1 every 6mths. If your life style is one that is very informed about your body, for example, maybe you’re really into your fitness and you measure your body mass etc regularly, you probably only need to take your measurements once a year.
However, sound like you need to update your measurements to me. As a quick fix, you might want to adjust the size of your pants and go to a nice ready to wear store for your shirt. As you probably would not have enough time to order or bespoke custom made suit or shirt.

Astaroth

Reaction score
You'd get more replies if you put the photos in the post rather than a link to them.

Is it on the bleeding edge of fashion? No. Does it need to be for a one off work do? Only you can answer that but unless I was looking to secure some serious clients/ promotion opportunity at the event would I really care just how in style I looked - and even then I'd be looking to look classic rather than on trend.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'll do. But if that's the only game in your suit town, you'll need to up your game eventually.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads