1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hate Paypal? Here's a solution

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbucky, Jul 18, 2011.

1. bigbucky

bigbucky Senior member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Mute

Mute Senior member

Good. I like Amazon. I hope they get some traction. They probably won't have luck with Ebay though, since Ebay and Paypal are so close knit.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Unless eBay buys Amazon or vice versa, thats only good for Amazon purchases.

4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

it's good for B&S purposes.

I hate paypal enough that i'd switch over even if it cost more.

5. bigbucky

bigbucky Senior member

It's not just for Amazon purchases. You have to set up an Amazon account but then you can transfer money to anyone with an email address just like paypal. Can even transfer through text message on your phone.

I agree that ebay will probably not allow this but it's a nice paypal alternative for SF. Would eliminate the "add 4% for nonpersonal payment" nonsense.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hmm. Well, thats interesting. Who wants to send me $1000 on this new system, then dispute it and see how good their resolution is? It can be the litmus test to see if it works.

7. deburn

deburn Senior member

Sounds like a great option to PayPal

8. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

i wouldn't even bother using dispute resolution after the nightmare it is with paypal. I just email my CC company and have the money back in my account within half an hour.

9. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

I don't know about Amazon Payments, but the Amazon Marketplace dispute process is still pretty crappy for sellers. Same issues with buyers who get what they want and sellers who don't have much recourse. They don't take delivery confirmation as proof of delivery at ALL I don't think, for example. Definitely interested to see how this works out.

10. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

11. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Last I heard, Ebay owns PayPal now.

12. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Dibs! :bounce2: