• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hate my hair

rox88

Reaction score
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7410/picvs3.jpg
Not the best pic, but basically my hair is real thick, and my bangs are really wavy. My bangs in that pic, kinda have a cur inward and backward.
My hair for most part has a lot of curl/wave to it, but I can control the sides and sometimes the top.

My bangs are what kills me, as that is the part most people see.
It seems like every time I'm close to how I want to style it, I start going into the opposite direction, and it gets worse and worse every day.

Also the top, seems like somedays it will do what I want, stay somewhat 'up', while other days it won't do what I want, and will more so just lay down.

I want a messy spiky look. Not necessarily spiky up, but just some kind of style to it.

I usually dry my hair pretty well, then put a bi tof KMS in it. Still loooks a bit greasy when I'm done. I want a more natural look, but able to control it. I've tried drying it as much as I can, then waiting 10 minutes for it to dry completely, but it makes my hair even more curly and my bangs even worse.

Any suggestions?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Firstly, your hair style is pretty generic. I know you're trying to breathe some life into it, but it's difficult if you're going to let it dry ON ITS OWN. Letting hair dry on its own only allows it to take its original shape/structure. In your case, curl right back up. If you want a spikier/messed up look, you should try blow drying it straight, and then applying some product so that your hair can hold it's 'forced' shape for a longer period of time. And make sure whatever style you choose works well with the structure of your face, because you could be *sigh* Wentworth Miller and still have an unflattering hair-style. Also, your hair seems a little too short for you to spike up. Take it from someone (me) who has had every hairstyle/color in the book.

rox88

Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
It's actually pretty long. I'd say about 1.75in. Okay maybe not that long. But my hair is so thick, she really thins it, but still won't do anything.
When you say blow dry it 'straight'. Straight where? Forward? back?
When I do blow dry it, it seems to make it 'poofy'.
THanksa gain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics