• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat/Tuque for the winter

greentorii

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I shave my head. Gets cold during winter.

Any suggestions of good hats/tuques for the winter to wear with suit/peacoat when i am OUTSIDE?

PS: I'm 21. Just in case some wealthier older gentlemen recommends me a hat that costs more than $500
bounce2.gif

yo!

Reaction score
Just a standard fedora should work nicely I think.

Don't forget a scarf to tie it in. ex: brown hat, navy peacoat, light brown scarf.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off how cold are we talking about and second how long do you plan on being outside in it?

There's a big difference between walking from the train to work in 30 degree weather and working outside in January in 10 below temps for 8 hours.

greentorii

Reaction score
fedora's look bad on me...i have big and floppy ears =)

not that cold, maybe 5-10 degree celcius?

It's only for travelling to and from school/work.

PS: dress hat or simply hat to keep warm? umm...well, I want a hat that keeps head warm and looks good?
worship.gif

yo!

Reaction score
A fedora is a style of hat with a pinch front and center dent. There are many hats that are classified as fedoras which have different proportions, the length of the brim, the rise of the crown, and such.

You may need a different kind of fedora. I know that I have to wear a stingy brim because a long billed hat will contrast with my narrow face and shoulders in the wrong way and make me look silly.

So don't immediately discount all fedoras because you think they won't work.

Having said that, there are plenty of other functional dress hats out there such as homburgs or derbies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads