1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hashtag Pitti 2013

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Cantabrigian, Jan 2, 2013.

1. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

The jigger button shouldn't be located so close to the edge of the jacket. If that button was located where it is in the pic and he buttoned the coat properly, the whole jacket would look funny.

Could be the angle of the pic, but the placement of the interior button seems off.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Looks like a regular anchor button to me - doesn't look like its placed close to the edge at all.

3. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Well, could well be the angle of the photo. Still looks off to me, but it doesn't make sense to move the jigger button just for teh sprezz, so I guess you're right.

4. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Quite often I find when waist suppression is added to a jacket the internal button is forgotten about so might be out of place.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

^ That's a good point; didn't think of that.

Anyways, dude should button that coat properly [​IMG]

6. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

He just closes it normally if he wants to. I know him, he is incredibly slim, even quite a bit slimmer than I was when I weighed 55kg; I think the leg opening on his bespoke suits is 15cm in diameter. Most young Italian men who are extremely slim and get bespoke suits made just for fun, simply get them made as slim as possible, often much slimmer than even very open minded tailors would make an 'extremely slim' suit by default.

However, knowing basic optics like from ca. middle school helps in understanding what is going on. I hope you dont panic passing the apex of a corner, because one of the two similar walls seems to become longer and the other one shorter when moving away laterally from the apex of the corner... :foo:

7. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Jezus, if I knew this was going to go this far I'd have STFU from the beginning. Basic optics are what led me to think it looked weird. Look at the point where the right lapel goes below the left (his actual right lapel, not the lapel that is to the right in the picture). Okay, now look at the second button on the left row. The jigger button should be placed there, but at the reverse side of the coat. Both the point where the lapels cross and the second outside button seem to be on the same optical plane. Yet, if you follow the line of the right lapel, it does not end up where the interior button should be placed.

My guess is that the jigger button is just being pulled out a bit due to tension and that is what distorts its position; the right lapel might be bending, too. It's cloth after all, not cardboard.

And I was just joking about him buttoning his coat properly; I wish I had his flair so I could do teh sprezz too. And that suit looks awesome, pagoda shoulders included.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

I didnt read the slislop about why/how you imagine these things, but it's great that there is obviously a lot of thought going into Alfonso's jigger button. Will let him know.
    You can say that he gets his suits made too slim, but pages of discussion about potential jigger button configurations are a bit too :foo: (I used the foo indicator before as a hint).

1 person likes this.
  9. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

And I can understand why, as this discussion alone deserves to be moved to a new thread, then banished to "dumb threads". I think I've never put so much thought into such a silly thing and I hope this Alfonso guy gets a good laugh out of this. I sure did [​IMG]

I can't really tell if his suit is too slim, because it'd need to be buttoned properly to make such an observation. I do like the styling quite a bit, though.

10. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Let's get back to Pitti / next level steez.

Stitches thinks these guys are in on the joke.
    [​IMG]

I'm skeptical.

11. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

There are so many wonderful styles of hats for men just dying to be brought back into fashion and these guys do this...

12. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

Knitted ties and chestnut monks - i did not see that coming at the Pitti

13. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

They should pin them into tricornes/bicornes.

14. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

He also looks like an idiot for hanging his glasses from the lapel. :(

15. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Felt this was a good place for this...

[​IMG]