• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has this happened to you?

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You give the bartender a 20, and then she gives you change for a 10! I tell her i gave her a 20, and she goes to the register and says, it says in the til it was a 10. i said obviously it says that because you put in it was a 10 you *****!!!@@#! she then argues saying no way you gave me a 10 you gave me a 10. this was like the 10th time i went to the bar and she gave me a drink and i never tried to screw her over etc and all of a sudden she thinks im lying. ive had it happen before but ive told the bartender and theyve given me the proper change back! so i just got up and didnt tip her on that drink. what else could i do!

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
little did she know.....im jewish...

Jelly or Syrup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
little did she know.....im jewish...

lol. excellent

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always say how much I am giving the person out loud when I pay for something in cash like, "out of $20, please."

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
You give the bartender a 20, and then she gives you change for a 10! I tell her i gave her a 20, and she goes to the register and says, it says in the til it was a 10. i said obviously it says that because you put in it was a 10 you *****!!!@@#! she then argues saying no way you gave me a 10 you gave me a 10. this was like the 10th time i went to the bar and she gave me a drink and i never tried to screw her over etc and all of a sudden she thinks im lying. ive had it happen before but ive told the bartender and theyve given me the proper change back! so i just got up and didnt tip her on that drink. what else could i do!

yep, it happened at coffee bean with some newb chick on the register. she gave me change for a 10 and then i was like "..." and we made her count out her drawer and the shift supervisor said the till was actually under and i was like ok, shes marsupialed then... but i had to just forget it. >_<

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe it was you who made the mistake? After 10 drinks, who knows......

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had kind of the same happen to me when i gave a 100 and received change for a 50. I asked a couple of times but very politely, and it turns out i had given him a 50 and not the 100.

I later recalled where the 100 had been spent earlier. I was relieved by the way i made the remarks since i turned out to be wrong eventually.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has never happened really because I pay for everything with cc but I work the register for my grandma sometimes and when it gets busy I would sometimes forget what they gave me. That's why now I always keep the money on top of the till until after the change is given because sometimes the customer is wrong, especially older people.

lost in va

Reaction score
I just got back from the driving range where I handed the girl a $20 for my $6 token and she handed me $4 back.

If it wasn't for reading this thread before I left I probably would have just tossed the cash in my back pocket and never noticed.

Thank you styleforum for actually saving me money.

nioh

Reaction score
Next time, write $20 on a napkin and hand it to her.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no trust me i wasnt that intoxicated, and im sure it was a 20 because i had two 20's left, and had spent the first, and only had the one left. and lost in va u can send me that 10 thank you very much.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is why my business plans specifies that the change will be done &quot;Las Vegas-style&quot;, which pretty much precludes any missunderstanding...

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
I believe this is why they have legal CC in Texas - because if someone shortchanges you, you are legally allowed to gun that motherfucker down right there in cold blood.
teacha.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe i should think of relocating..........maybe not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads