• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has The Recent Bans of Some Controversial Members Made SF Less Interesting

JensenH

Reaction score
Okay, back to the topic, which is discussion about whether too much banning is detracting.

I have been vague about the identities of the banned members and those whom I find hypocritical and cliquish because I want this to be a discussion on general terms, not particular individuals.

Once names are named, fans and detractors will argue endlessly about that individual and derail the thread -- which is not my desire.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened to that costume designer Kozinn or something similiar to that?

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Whatever happened to that costume designer Kozinn or something similiar to that?

Don't know. I do notice that there have been more bans in recents months than before.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JensenH
Don't know. I do notice that there have been more bans in recents months than before.

It is always sad to see someone being banned but in some cases it is necessary...

I have heard one or two tales of extreme stalking and that's not acceptable.

There is a line in the sand we mustn't ever cross...

I don't know why Spalla has been banned for example.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ of the luca rubinacci most tacky thread

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

What did happen?

He can't be banned for finding him tacky ?

Must be worse than that.

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
It is always sad to see someone being banned but in some cases it is necessary...

I have heard one or two tales of extreme stalking and that's not acceptable.

There is a line in the sand we mustn't ever cross....

I absolutely agree.

Originally Posted by lasbar
I don't know why Spalla has been banned for example.

Neither did he. Apparently he was given no warning before he was banned.

The timing does make it appear that way.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spalla started that thread, thereafter L Rubinacci saw that thread and made a mention of that in an interview with a NY newspaper/magazine and that article was the topic of another thread. Something like that.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This +
Originally Posted by gdl203
/ thread Awful taste and obnoxious attitudes is a pretty nasty combination. The place is run by annoying and loud clowns. Hard to get on board with that. And to think that we were making fun of the Cruiserification of AAAC - ironic that we got worse. That we're known to wsj blog readers for the inane rants of a deranged and poorly dressed bozo is symptomatic. I disagree with a lot of the answers saying nicely that it's about repeat topics and quality of content. I think it's about the posters and the tone. dopey, Manton, vox, etc... were always happy to give answers or updated views on repeat topics. That's not it.
+ THis resulted in
imK34w.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spalla started that thread, thereafter L Rubinacci saw that thread and made a mention of that in an interview with a NY newspaper/magazine and that article was the topic of another thread. Something like that.

I don't think Luca must be that bothered about it..

He has been heavily promoted on SF by a lot of senior members and that is always bringing some heavy handed reactions from certain people.

I'm surprised by the all Rubinacci saga...

I personally prefer his Dad's style but when you live by the sword , you will die from it...

Exposure has been some shortcomings..

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Foo has a clique? That is news to me. He's always struck me as something of a lightning rod on SF, who has just as many critics as he has supporters. A typical Foo thread is marked less by fawning consensus over Foo's enlightened contributions to humanity, and more by bitter and extended argument over some triviality or another.

There is groupthink on SF, but any cult of Foo -- if it exists -- is not its greatest example.

Full disclosure: I like Foo, warts and all. In my estimation, he is precisely the right sort of controversial for SF. He has balls, and he takes unique and outlying stands on sartorial matters. He's also a cantankerous little bastard sometimes, and he sweats the small stuff. All of these things make him very human and very interesting, which is a quality I find lacking among many others on SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads