• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Has the barber just butchered my beard?

elmore

Reaction score
First time growing a beard - got to around 10 weeks and was starting to look a bit unkempt. As i've never cropped the neck and tidied a beard up before, thought i'd go to a professional. All good, nice fella, explained that i didnt want to lose much if at all, off the body, just neck tidy and general spruce up. He said sure, i'll do x y z and then a little for definition here, pointing to the area directly SW and SE of my mouth, i say 'what do you think?, he says it's just for definition, so i give him the green light.

This is how it looks now. Cant blame him, as ultimately i said ok, but i'm now thinking of just whipping it all off and starting again.

My q's are

a) does this look as weird / shit as i think it does.

and b) if i leave it now and let the shaved areas grow back, is that going to blend back into some form of normality, or is it's unlevellness going to look weird as it grows at different lengths? I certainly dont envisage me continually shaving this area to maintain this current shape.

As i say, first time growing a beard here, so any thoughts appreciated.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks a bit weird, but not bad. Can't say for sure with it being a cropped photo. It seems the industry is pushing different designs/shaping to adapt to less men shaving. You have good coverage and density, so a beard works for you. Those areas should blend in fine if you also trim the rest of it as it grows in so both sections end up the same length again.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.