1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Has SF changed the way you watch TV?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MadAboutPlaid, Jun 23, 2011.

1. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

I'm sitting here watching the NBA draft and I can't help but look at the fit of everyone's shoulders, the width of their lapels, how their tie is tied, etc.

I do it with the news or any other show where people are wearing suits.

Anyone else?

2. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

SF has changed the way I look at the world.

3. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Nope, none of us. You pay attention to the way men dress? On a mens clothing forum? Very strange. [​IMG]

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I think I began my sartorial journey because of my love of Burn Notice, Michael Weston always looked slick to me. Now I can't stand that he never has properly fit sleeves, tapering, no tie or pocket square, etc. Haha, that's how it goes i guess.

5. index1489

index1489 Well-Known Member

yep ever since I registered lol

6. glenjay

glenjay Senior member

I now play pocket square bingo with my wife while watching TV. Everytime either of us sees someone wearing a pocket square we yell out "Pocket Square".

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks to SF, TV no longer exists.

8. Patek

Patek Senior member

I used to watch TV in the nude. Now I watch TV in the nude with my bespoke G&Gs on and a pocket square cleanly tucked between the meat and potatoes.

9. jawzzy

jawzzy Well-Known Member

I used to watch TV in the nude. Now I watch TV in the nude with my bespoke G&Gs on and a pocket square cleanly tucked between the meat and potatoes.
    [​IMG] Now I just criticize everyone I see.

10. JGloger

JGloger Senior member

I think I began my sartorial journey because of my love of Burn Notice, Michael Weston always looked slick to me. Now I can't stand that he never has properly fit sleeves, tapering, no tie or pocket square, etc. Haha, that's how it goes i guess.

There are so many people that I used to think dressed well. After submerging myself in the world of SF, I realize how little I knew before. Most of my previous 'style idols' are above average but still lacking in plenty of ways.

I definitely feel more judgmental. I've always been a people watcher, but now I can't help but think to myself "that guy's shirt is way too big" or "those shoes are horrendous."

11. JG000

JG000 Senior member

I'm sitting here watching the NBA draft and I can't help but look at the fit of everyone's shoulders, the width of their lapels, how their tie is tied, etc. I do it with the news or any other show where people are wearing suits. Anyone else?
    I find myself doing the exact same thing. FWIW, the draftees were dressed pretty well last night.

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

oy don't even get me started on the news anchors!

13. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I like his casual look overall though. I would probably rock something similar if I was in super hot Miami [​IMG]

14. lenahan

lenahan Senior member

[​IMG]

Now I just criticize everyone I see.

I did that before SF, but now I have even more things about which to criticize others.

15. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

notcied the same with when i watched the draft last night too, also when i watch the office i started looking at steve carrels outfits

16. jawzzy

jawzzy Well-Known Member

I did that before SF, but now I have even more things about which to criticize others.

Yeah...actually that applies to me too.

17. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

No, I think I am pretty unaffected by SF.

oy don't even get me started on the news anchors!

Yeah, what's up with Lester Holt's collars? The topmost buttoning point (just above his tie knot) has been doing this weird cross-over thing lately?

18. facet

facet Senior member

I'm sitting here watching the NBA draft and I can't help but look at the fit of everyone's shoulders, the width of their lapels, how their tie is tied, etc.

I do it with the news or any other show where people are wearing suits.

Anyone else?

Since going on SF, I don't just critique people on TV shows, I critique anybody I see in a suit.

19. Patek

Patek Senior member

My girlfriend says that I have made her "gay" as now she critiques everyone's clothes and now notices bad shoes, machine made button holes, plastic buttons on shirts etc. I may have ruined her (pictured in my avatar).

20. madhatter349

madhatter349 Member

Couldn't stop laughing from your post, Definitely worthy of making it to the sartorial look thread.