1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Has RLBL fallen out of favour with SF?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Wayward, Mar 10, 2012.

1. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

The shoulders killed it for me. I do find their sportswear to be favourable and more reasonable then RLPL.

2. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

few weeks ago i got 2 for $200 in a brick and mortar store... not a thrift store.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

why is that?

4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Is this still the case? I know Caruso now makes RLPL, but the 'Caruso tag' isn't in the latest RLBL suits that I've seen. Can someone confirm?

And I think RLBL still does well here; especially the staple items.

5. DukeofWindsor

DukeofWindsor New Member

Phoenixrecon

Where do you get them for $200? New?

6. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

outlet stores. which ones shale remain un-named as to not blow my spot :D

and yes brand new.... only 1 season old as well

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  7. DukeofWindsor

DukeofWindsor New Member

Please do tell, just between you and me.

8. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

I think it has something to do with the season: we're about a month past the conclusion of the end-of-winter sales meaning people have gotten good prices from the RL stores, Bloomingdale's and Barney's so they're less likely to go buy someone else' used suit on the internet.

9. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

Obama's been president for like forever, so the prestige of a black label is so old hat.

Coming to stores Spring Summer 2014: RLML:

[​IMG]

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

:facepalm:

1 person likes this.
  11. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

I want to know it too...... Oh my lord, I miss shopping around in the US so damn much........

12. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Senior member

Not sure if this is being serious.

RLBL are nice shirts, but they are far too tight. I'm a 39 and my arms just fit into the sleeve. I can't imagine what other shirt makers are out there who go slimmer. You must be talking about super-fitted shirts, eh?

And RLPL are far too baggy. Somewhere in between would be really nice.

13. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I do like the Black labels on their causal clothing

If I am paying Black label suiting and shirting price in Hong Kong, I might spend roughly the same money in WW Chan

14. vida

vida Senior member

Skinny Goomba-
    Did or do you work for Ralph Lauren. For some reason, I thought I saw a post of yours in WAYWRN. It looked like you were in a RL store???

15. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

I was being serious about RLBL. For some reason, they fit really loose on me and tent around the waist so I end up having to re-cut or dart them. I agree that the shoulders/arms are slim enough, however. I don't have enough experience with RLBL to know if there are several different cuts in their shirts and haven't seen any "slim fit" tags on their dress shirts from my limited exposure.

For comparison, I find that the PRL slim fit shirts and Hugo slim fit shirts (yes I know the quality is questionable) are actually a better fit, at least for me. By the way, I noticed PRL has several different lines in their "custom shirts" that aren't labeled any differently. Oddly, their shirts that retail for ~ $140 are much slimmer fitting than the ones that retail for ~ $90 (which are not so slim at all) even though both are labeled "custom."

16. TimelesStyle

To be fair, though, your other posts suggest that you aren't a 38-42 suit, which means the sizes you seek will probably stick around longer, hence the ability to find them at such good discounts. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

17. stevent

stevent Senior member

I'm pretty fat and find RLBL to be not that slim

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

RLBL looks slim on most athletic types with upper body strength. think man tits.

19. TimelesStyle

A 17.5 shirt and 48 (US) suit will never look slim no matter what silhouette they're trying to follow*

*I have no idea what size you are; just making a point that when you get to a large enough size the styling no longer matters.

20. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I just find the sportswear wearable and of decent quality especially for the fit. Have you seen the shoulders on these suits? They're straight across on most builds.

FYI for the guy who finds RLBL to fit like a tent....size down! I find the shirts comfortably sized, not skin tight but slimmer then polo.