• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has Borrelli lowered his quality this season?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted with en ebay seller who has a shirt that I liked and got this answer.

Like the shirts were done by another factory and worse;

is medium
but these shirts before you buy are new model, don't know if you know borrelli have changed the production for him make another productor, and is changed some particular like label lb down ***** there isn't
the quality is always the best
is like LB label also of borrelli

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark Seitelman
A larger question: Is Borrelli still in business?

Not on 60th.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
Yes, the Borrelli boutiques in the USA have been renamed "DeCorato". He owned the Borrelli stores, and I think that he had the exclusive agency for Borrelli in the USA.

None of the goods in DeCorato have the Borrelli name. Shirts now are by Finamore. Otherwise, the goods are private label.

I heard that Mr. Borrelli got into a spot of trouble with the law. I also heard that there were problems with deliveries.

Just curious as to whether the label still exists?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Borrelli boutiques in the USA have been renamed "DeCorato". He owned the Borrelli stores, and I think that he had the exclusive agency for Borrelli in the USA.

None of the goods in DeCorato have the Borrelli name. Shirts now are by Finamore. Otherwise, the goods are private label.

I heard that Mr. Borrelli got into a spot of trouble with the law. I also heard that there were problems with deliveries.

Just curious as to whether the label still exists?

As talked here, he has been arrested by laundering 60 million euros of the camorra but his label still exist.

The ebay seller told me as you can see above that the actual maker is not him but any other maker, perhaps Finamore ???

I´m asking if the shirt is actually as good as any neapolitan maker or lesser truzzi or whatever line.

Thanks

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I know which ebay seller that is. I take it you interpreted his message as saying that the quality is lower, but that isn't how I read it.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score

I heard that Mr. Borrelli got into a spot of trouble with the law. .....

Shocking!!
That has never happened in Naples before!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad news ,

I just received the Borrelli shirt from that ebayer and the quality has lowered a lot.

Their quality is not like they used to be. Average cotton and the buttonholes are machinemade while only the edges have some handmade stitching.

Only the armholes seems to be handstitched
frown.gif

I´ll post pictures later... The seller was right about the quality after all.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Bad news ,

I just received the Borrelli shirt from that ebayer and the quality has lowered a lot.

Their quality is not like they used to be. Average cotton and the buttonholes are machinemade while only the edges have some handmade stitching.

Only the armholes seems to be handstitched
frown.gif

I´ll post pictures later... The seller was right about the quality after all.

Assuming, of course, that it is a genuine Borrelli...

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Assuming, of course, that it is a genuine Borrelli...

Well it looks like and have the Borrelli booklet. Might be a fake? Is any fake Borrelli item yet?
eh.gif

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Borrelli is still in business. I was planning to buy a big batch of shirts shirts from them but the price they gave me was ridiculous.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
Borrelli is still in business. I was planning to buy a big batch of shirts shirts from them but the price they gave me was ridiculous.
Ridiculously high I assume ? I pm´d you about this, please help. best. This is my picture, notice the machine made buttonhole with some stitching on edges. Also the collar makes " plastic " noise as bending a credit card, not as my older nice Borrellis. Perhaps Luigi has ordered this shirts to another factory instead of his ( chinesse on illegal boats ? ) or something like that ? Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Ridiculously high I assume ?

I pm´d you about this, please help.

best.

This is my picture, notice the machine made buttonhole with some stitching on edges. Also the collar makes " plastic " noise as bending a credit card, not as my older nice Borrellis.

Perhaps Luigi has ordered this shirts to another factory instead of his ( chinesse on illegal boats ? ) or something like that ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The top photo looks fine. Cant tell with the bottom photo. We'd need much better photos to tell.

Also, take the shirt to saks or Neiman Marcus and compare it with new shirts.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
The top photo looks fine. Cant tell with the bottom photo. We'd need much better photos to tell. Also, take the shirt to saks or Neiman Marcus and compare it with new shirts.
I´m taking new photos, give me some time. Also the gusset, the triangle small piece from below doesn´t says L B in golden letters as my old ones. I am european sorry, can´t go there or got any shop that carries them in 500 km. Thanks for the answer Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us And the only nice part of it, shoulders . Uploaded with ImageShack.us The collar is machinesewn. Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics