1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone use Leatherique on their shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sstomcat, Dec 12, 2011.

1. sstomcat

sstomcat Senior member

I use their rejuvinator and cleaner with good results on my car seats. I called them and found that this can be used on anything leather. Wondering if anyone on the forum has used them and wha are the results.
    thanks

2. brokentelephone

brokentelephone Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/t/73327/old-foster-and-son-can-anyone-tell-me-more-about-these

This guy used it for some old bespoke shoes (no before pics, but the afters are amazing). Shoe leather is fairly durable so I can't see how leatherique could be bad -- perhaps on ultra-fine calf it may soften too much leading to more creasing? I dunno. I've used leatherique products on vintage purses for my girlfriend and they're come out as new.

I never understand why companies like leatherique only focus on automotive leather when there is a (big) demand for shoe care as well.

3. brokentelephone

brokentelephone Senior member

There are some befores on the next page -- my baaad leatherking!

4. Bobhobard

Bobhobard New Member

Just used it on a pair of Allen Edmonds Sturgis motorcycle boots. Excellent result. I don't believe this stuff waterproofs the shoe but it does a great job of nurturing the leather and bringing out the best. Only downside is the price-$50 for 2 16oz bottles (conditioner and cleaner)