1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Tried Gillette's Clinical Strength Deodorant?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by ClassyGuy1, May 27, 2010.

1. ClassyGuy1

ClassyGuy1 Well-Known Member

So, I'm in the market for a new stick of deodorant and I'm wanting to try a new deodorant that will last as long as possible (protection-wise, like 24 hrs). I have noticed that Gillette (as well as a couple of other companies) has introduced a Clinical Strength version. Now, I don't sweat any more frequently or profusely than the typical guy. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Gillette Clincal Strength Deodorant and if so, what you think of it. Also, with me being just your "average" sweater (no pun intended), would I truly benefit from the Clinical Strength version or are those for guys who have major perspiration problems and sweat buckets, and therefore, I would probably just be better with a stick that provides a decent enough 8/12/24/however long they advertise it to last-hour protection?

2. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

I have, I love it.
    After a week or so, it really becomes highly effective.
    You apply in the evening, I have skipped days and it still works.

3. ClassyGuy1

Would it really only benefit me if I sweat buckets? I'm just a little hesitant to spend $8 on a stick of it if I would be just fine using pretty much any $3 stick on the shelf at the store.

4. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

Does it have any aluminum in it? I had to switch from Mitchum (which I found pretty damn effective) to a a more natural brand (forgot the name) to eliminate the yellow stains in my shirt pits. No more yellow stains, but I have to reapply the natural stuff at least 2 times a day.

5. RoyalPaJamas

RoyalPaJamas Senior member

I use it every night, and that is the key. If you apply it in the morning, it will not have time to rub into your skin before staining your clothing. If you apply it at night, you will not have this problem, and you will be rewarded with plenty of sweat protection all the following day.

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

Is it extremely itchy like Odaban?

8. dalej

dalej Senior member

I have it and like it.

9. seanpatrickb

seanpatrickb Senior member

Its been a while since I looked but I thought the ingredients were the same as a 3$ stick of mitchums.

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I use it every night, and that is the key. If you apply it in the morning, it will not have time to rub into your skin before staining your clothing. If you apply it at night, you will not have this problem, and you will be rewarded with plenty of sweat protection all the following day.

wouldn't it come off and lose the affect after you shower in the AM???

11. DXanatos

DXanatos Active Member

I think the key to that is showering at night then applying the deodorant.

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I think the key to that is showering at night then applying the deodorant.

would not work for me..i shower in the AM.

13. RoyalPaJamas

RoyalPaJamas Senior member

wouldn't it come off and lose the affect after you shower in the AM???

No. At that point it has been absorbed into the skin. Any residue that is left over would be washed off, but that simply further helps to prevent clothing stains.

14. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

No. At that point it has been absorbed into the skin. Any residue that is left over would be washed off, but that simply further helps to prevent clothing stains.

Yep - the whole point is to clog the pores, I believe, so the deodorant which is washed off in the shower is superfluous. Applying it at night and showering in the morning would be ideal to prevent shirt staining.

Also, isn't the discoloration of shirts due to a byproduct of bacteria on your skin?

15. razl

razl Senior member

Yep - the whole point is to clog the pores, I believe, so the deodorant which is washed off in the shower is superfluous. Applying it at night and showering in the morning would be ideal to prevent shirt staining.

Hmmm, this is interesting new news to me. I'm going to give it a whirl...

16. nbouscal

nbouscal Active Member

I can second what grayland said about Mitchum being effective, I've used it for a year or so now and have been really pleased with it.

17. ClassyGuy1

Update: So, I decided to not go with Gillette' Clinical Strength Deodorant, but rather a stick of their new Odor Shield Deodorant and I love it!

18. razl

razl Senior member

Hmmm, this is interesting new news to me. I'm going to give it a whirl...

Update: To my surprise, this worked out very well.

My general regimen is a shower in the mornings but, since I run and/or work out in the evenings, I also take a shower every night. I usually put on deodorant only in the morning, but I tried this regimen of putting it on only at night, sleeping with it, and then skipping it in the morning (and not really scrubbing my pits in the morning shower). I was surprised to see that it still worked just as well the following day and I didn't have a bunch of gunk under my arms that immediately went into my morning shirt.

fyi: as I've said in other threads, I'm somebody who perspires a lot and lives in humid central Florida, so I'm a decent critic in this area. Also, I don't use any special high end deod - just Degree bought in a 5-pack from Costco. Hope this helps somebody!