• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone purchased Brooks Brothers Milano fit casual trousers?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that Brooks has started (perhaps a while ago and I didn't realize) selling more casual trousers in the Milano cut. Has anyone had these and can they comment on how they fit and how truly "slim" they are? The store near me has never had any of the Milano stuff in the past and since I haven't ordered any of the suits I don't have an actual basis to judge. However the cotton trousers (particularly the plaid) looked like they might be good for warm weather.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
i have a couple pair...theyre fairly slim..not as slim as my Mabitex though. I really like the cut of them...lower rise, slim thigh and leg opening, but doesnt squeeze the life out of your nuts. I would recommend them no doubt.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a few pairs, and like them a lot.

bigtimebuck4

Reaction score
They are slim. I had to return them and get the university

mrbrioni

Reaction score
From my experience, they are slim, however not too slim.

I'm a big guy (6'0 and 200 lbs) and these are very flattering.

Would definitely recommend

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've been looking for something that fits similarly to my RLBL suit trousers but isn't $400 and comes in a wider range of materials/patterns as stand-alone trousers so it sounds as though these are probably what I'm looking for. FWIW I'm 6'1, 175 with thick legs so too slim will turn into tight and make ****** really jut out (don't want that!).

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Thanks guys. I've been looking for something that fits similarly to my RLBL suit trousers but isn't $400 and comes in a wider range of materials/patterns as stand-alone trousers so it sounds as though these are probably what I'm looking for. FWIW I'm 6'1, 175 with thick legs so too slim will turn into tight and make ****** really jut out (don't want that!).

youll be happy with the milanos then.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my go to Chinos/trousers, value and fit wise

Last edited:

david3558

Reaction score
I've owned 4 pairs of these in different "weights".

For the most part they're very well constructed but be wary that they will shrink on you - all of mine have shrunk considerably, even with all precautions taken during cleaning. They run very short, comparing inseam to inseam with a more standard fit, you're looking at an inch or so of difference, so keep that in mind. If you order your normal length you might not get a single break (if that's what you get right now).

At the end of the day, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the Milano trousers because the fit doesn't really work for me - I'm tall and somewhat skinny and I can't dig the low rise too much. I ended up sizing up in order to account for the damn shrinkage.

joeman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They are just the right kind of slim fit for me not too tight.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, the rise is low, the fly is oddly short, and they give you a serious case of child bearing hips. Aside from that, they're ok.

Sonny58

Reaction score

Eh, the rise is low, the fly is oddly short, and they give you a serious case of child bearing hips. Aside from that, they're ok.

The short fly is my only complaint, I have trouble taking a pee when I wear them.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The short fly is my only complaint, I have trouble taking a pee when I wear them.

I typically wear jeans, and since a number of mine are button fly and/or lower rise, I've just gotten used to unbuttoning the top as well. In fact, when I wear braces I'll even do that with my suits sometimes (since most of mine are RLBL which I think are equally low-waisted). However I think the low rise (by MC standards) will be good for me since I tend to wear all pants, be they jeans, chinos or suit trousers, right near or a shade above the hip bone.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'10, 155 ... can barely pull them on my legs.. and upsizing looks weird with the comically small leg opening... i fit the clark slightly snug so milano are no-go

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads