• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

has anyone paid for fitday pc?

funkapotimus

Reaction score
What do you use for your calorie counting needs?

Fitday PC is $20 and sounds a lot better than the free web version because you can drag and drop foods from your recent list... this would make 95% of my entries go really fast. Has anyone here actually paid for this?

Otherwise if you're using an Excel sheet and dont mind sharing, I'd love to take a look at it.

I'm just essentially looking for the fastest way to keep a consistent log, so any ideas are appreciated.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a client who bought it and they said it was the same as the online version with fewer features.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i use the free version all the time

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently my daily diet is 66% fat.
frown.gif
No alcohol though.
biggrin.gif

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thank fitday for preventing me from plumping up from beasting on 80/20 ground beef

funkapotimus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I had a client who bought it and they said it was the same as the online version with fewer features.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll just stick with the site for now then

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I downloaded fitday and have to concur, the full software version is not as good as the free online version. Yeah dragging and dropping will make things faster, but you'll be slowed down by having to enter in so many custom foods into the software that the online version has for some reason.

This was an older version, can't comment on v2.

bnsnv

Reaction score
I've been using fitday for the last two years but recently started using dailyplate.com. It is slower than fitday.com, but it does have a much wider selection of foods that already have nutritional values filled out.

tom288

Reaction score
I bought it and still use it. I haven't used the online version in so long that I can't remember the differences between the two. Though the full version has a section for goals, body measurements, tracking criteria, a journal, and a few other things that I don't think are on the online version.

As for custom foods, I would always put mine in rather than look up whatever the online fitday said just because I liked to be specific, i.e. I would put in Publix 4.oz Chicken Breast rather than just generic chicken breast if that makes sense.

Overall though I like it. It's simple and effective. If you can do everything you need with the online version, then don't worry about buying it.

turbozed

Reaction score
Anybody know if there's an option on fitday to subtract the dietary fiber from the daily carbohydrate count?

I would like to see my weekly ratios displayed like this.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bnsnv
I've been using fitday for the last two years but recently started using dailyplate.com. It is slower than fitday.com, but it does have a much wider selection of foods that already have nutritional values filled out.
Slower than fitday? That seems borderline impossible. Is fitday really slow for anyone else? edit - isn't fiber already subtracted? I know the number is total carbs, but the percentage and calorie count is total carbs minus fiber as far as I can tell.

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Slower than fitday? That seems borderline impossible. Is fitday really slow for anyone else?

edit - isn't fiber already subtracted? I know the number is total carbs, but the percentage and calorie count is total carbs minus fiber as far as I can tell.

Nope they don't. Test this out yourself. Go to tomorrow and just add a raw avocado to your food. An avocado is like 14g of carbohydrate with 11g of dietary fiber. You'll see that they count all 14g of carbs as carbs in the daily chart. Lame.

I created a 'custom food' to subtract the carbs from yogurt but I can't seem to get around this dieary fiber issue without having to manually creating a custom food for everything that has fiber and subtracting. That's just not worth it.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MMM, avocados.......

Just tried it - using "avocado, raw" gets you 14.8g carbs, 11.6g fiber. They count 53 calories from carbs.

14.8*4 = 59.2
(14.8-11.6)*4 = 12.8

So fitday seems to be counting the calories from most but not all of the fiber. I wonder if this is a soluble fiber vs. insoluble fiber issue? I don't know what ratio of each is present in avocados.

Yesterday I had 275.2 grams of carbs with 39.8 grams of fiber. Fitday showed 1004 calories from carbs.

275.2*4 = 1100.8
(275.2-39.8)*4 = 941.6

The odd thing is that they're counting each gram of fiber as ~ 3.5 carbs from the avocado ( (53-12.8)/11.6 ), but each gram is closer to ~1.6 looking at my total carbs from yesterday ( (1004-941.6)/39.8 ). And of course when you enter your own foods you don't indicate soluble vs. insoluble fiber. So I dunno what the hell they're doing.

turbozed

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. They really should be thinking about calories that the body metabolizes. I get a lot of fiber through veggies and avocados and it's throwing my carb ratio out of whack.

Another thing is they count calories from alcohol, which the body doesn't really metabolize as energy either.

I care about the calories my body can use, just not the ones that I ingest. Fitday needs to fix this.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if they were counting all carbs but using a multiplier of around 3.6-3.7 instead of 4, which as I understand it is a little more accurate. However, it's not consistently using any exact number day to day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads