Has anyone heard of Stefano Branchini shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sartorialism, Sep 20, 2012.

1. sartorialism

sartorialism Senior member

Hey everyone. I am wondering whether anyone has heard of the brand Stefaus Brauchiui, and if you have, please tell me your opinion. How much would you say a pair of their dress oxfords are worth? I've been searching the Internet, but there are no relevant results.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Is there a possibility that you might be talking about Stefano Branchini, instead?

If so, there have been a few threads on the forum about Branchini in the past, such as this one:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/2039/stefano-branchini

They make lovely shoes, although with some rather "Italian" styling that verges on being over-the-top at times - some very pointy toes, considerable use of antiquing, and other such flourishes.

I've got a pair of wholecuts by Branchini, with a medallion on the toe, and they are beautifully made, with extremely fine stitching and lovely leather quality. At full price, they can be very expensive.

3. sartorialism

Your are right. I misread the label. :embar: But let me ask you: if they're such good shoes, why don't they sell well on eBay? I see some NIB Branchini shoes that didn't even sell for 99 dollars!

4. 01000001010011

01000001010011 Active Member

maybe the ones on eBay are cheap knockoffs?

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

The shoes that I have - and the others that I have seen - have the name written in a very cursive script, like the signature of Stefano Branchini, and thus the name is rather difficult to read.

I'm surprised that they are that cheap - I'll have to do a search on eBay!

It could perhaps be a combination of a) it's not a well-known brand and so wouldn't sell so well on the 'Bay, and b) the style of quite a few of their shoes is rather an acquired taste as some of them are certainly not conservative in style and colour.

6. sartorialism

Here's the link to completed listings. I just bought a pair and I'd like to list it on Ebay, but I don't want to sell it for less than 400.... (The original Bergdorf Goodman price is 650) Doesn't seem possible considering the going rate on Ebay, right?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012