• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone heard of Redaelli?

ericcartman

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows much about Redaelli suits and the history of the firm? I inherited a suit made by them and I was curious because I haven't heard of them before. This particular suit is made from a fairly luxurious fabric, it has a great deal of handwork, and it has a floating canvas so I would guess that it was not inexpensive when it was purchased.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score
Hey, I actually just picked one of these up today at a thrift store. I recognize the inside pocket label, but can't place it. Help would be very appreciated!

Mommama

Reaction score
I have one of these suits in my house. Do you know where in the U.S. his could have been bought. Perplexed by how it got in my house.
:slayer:

suitmanson

Reaction score
Hi. My family was in the clothing business from the early 60's to late 1990s. Manufacturing still carried on by brother and sisters who took over operations in Italy. In the mid 1980s my dad, began importing Redaelli suits to North America. Back in the 80s they made a high quality garment. Silk and wool blends, super 180 fabrics etc. I have a small collection of these suits in different sizes never worn. The style is dated. But I know that we sold lots of suits to buyers and clothing stores in Toronto, Montreal, NYC and NJ. I haven't been able to part with the suits because there are few people like the two of you that would value them for what they are. Classic well made suits with some 80s styling from a brand deserving of more acclaim than it ever archived in North America.

Last edited:

ericcartman

Reaction score
sorry for the very late reply. Thank you for the information !

ericcartman

Reaction score
So, to the one other member of this thread: I did some major digging on various other threads: Redaelli is the full name of the Reda fabric mill in Italy. Their suits are very high quality, just not widely known or distributed.
sorry for the very late reply. Thank you for the information !

ericcartman

Reaction score
Hi. My family was in the clothing business from the early 60's to late 1990s. Manufacturing still carried on by brother and sisters who took over operations in Italy. In the mid 1980s my dad, began importing Redaelli suits to North America. Back in the 80s they made a high quality garment. Silk and wool blends, super 180 fabrics etc. I have a small collection of these suits in different sizes never worn. The style is dated. But I know that we sold lots of suits to buyers and clothing stores in Toronto, Montreal, NYC and NJ. I haven't been able to part with the suits because there are few people like the two of you that would value them for what they are. Classic well made suits with some 80s styling from a brand deserving of more acclaim than it ever archived in North America.
thank you very much for the information.

chinaboss

Reaction score
Yes. I own a few. I bought them in late 80s and early 90s but heard that they have been out of business. They were at the price range of Corneliani, Canali ... Very nice, business suits. They ran $1,000 -$1,300 retail in early 90s.

Lux1986

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows much about Redaelli suits and the history of the firm? I inherited a suit made by them and I was curious because I haven't heard of them before. This particular suit is made from a fairly luxurious fabric, it has a great deal of handwork, and it has a floating canvas so I would guess that it was not inexpensive when it was purchased.
Nice to see this thread! I still have a Redaelli blazer which I b
Nice to see this thread! I still have a Redaelli blazer which I bought in the mid-80's somewhere in Europe. The inside tag says, in French, 50% silk, 50% linen. Maybe the most beautiful piece of clothing I ever owned! I may be much older now, but it inspires me to stay slim and wear it again.

Vinilo1969

Reaction score
I just donated my Redaelli double breasted suit that I got in the early 1990’s. High quality fabrics but the cut made me wince for all the shoulder padding etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads