• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone had Rhinoplasty?

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a deviated septum and a distinct bend to my nose from a childhood break. A few years ago I had it fixed by an ENT by rebreaking and setting my nose. I didn't go to a plastic surgeon because my medical coverage covered the ENT but wouldn't have covered that. Now my nose is nearly straight but has a slight curve that I'm sure only I notice. My breathing is better but I suspect still not 100%.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
I had a deviated septum and a distinct bend to my nose from a childhood break. A few years ago I had it fixed by an ENT by rebreaking and setting my nose. I didn't go to a plastic surgeon because my medical coverage covered the ENT but wouldn't have covered that. Now my nose is nearly straight but has a slight curve that I'm sure only I notice. My breathing is better but I suspect still not 100%.

I just made an initial appointment to see an ENT so i will see how that goes before even entertaining the thought of seeing a plastic surgeon.

If you dont mind me asking, how was the procedure? did they put you completley under? what was the post op pain like? did they put 'packing' in your nose for the post op? how long recovery? black eyes? etc.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I would bump this as I am having a septoplasty done at the end of this month. The right side of my nose is almost completely blocked, and it has caused all sorts of problems. I can never breathe right and I never sleep well because of it. Insurance is covering it because it's purely medical. From what I've read, the recovery from a septoplasty is much easier than a rhinoplasty, mainly because they aren't breaking your nose and reconstructing it.

roryben

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Thought I would bump this as I am having a septoplasty done at the end of this month. The right side of my nose is almost completely blocked, and it has caused all sorts of problems. I can never breathe right and I never sleep well because of it. Insurance is covering it because it's purely medical. From what I've read, the recovery from a septoplasty is much easier than a rhinoplasty, mainly because they aren't breaking your nose and reconstructing it.

I had a septoplasty two years ago for exactly the same reasons. I felt grotty for a few days and my nose bled a little but I was very quickly fine, within a week or something. The worst part was when I was still in hospital, when they pulled the tampons out of my nose. Nothing quite like the feeling of having tampons pulled out of your face.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by roryben
I had a septoplasty two years ago for exactly the same reasons. I felt grotty for a few days and my nose bled a little but I was very quickly fine, within a week or something. The worst part was when I was still in hospital, when they pulled the tampons out of my nose. Nothing quite like the feeling of having tampons pulled out of your face.

I'll be good once I'm under. I'm just freaked out about that part, but the xanax should help. I've never broke a bone, let alone had surgery.

Reaction score
i've done it but not coz of this gay ass i can't breath ****. i did it coz i want to be pretty!

i wasn't knocked out. just felt the tiny anesthetic needle on the side of your nose then nothing the rest of the way. i was up the whole time. i also had a bump shaved off. but nothing broken and reconstructed.

i am mostly a sissy too so when i say it was painless it probably really is. when i was recovering there were just a few seconds of uh oh this kinda hurts but then it was gone immediately. painkillers weren't even that strong.

oh and it took a year for the swelling to go down. looked normal already after a month or two but it was still enlarged. probably not noticeable to other but i could tell. pics looked like i had a really big schnozz. i am extremely happy with mine.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
When I was in my teens (I am now 25) I broke my nose several times (once in a car accident, twice boxing, and once in a real fight). Today it is a little bent, but even worse is that my breathing is affected greatly. It has been something I have put up with but I am getting quite sick of it and contemplating have Rhinoplasty for both the appearence and the breathing problems.
I wanted to see if anybody has had Rhinoplasty done or anyother experience with it (i.e., close friend has had it done)?
Considering the price, pain, and possible risk, it is something I am going to research significantly before going through with it, and I am just starting my research. Planning on having it done in Boston.

I had it done, it was 1/2 for appearance and 1/2 for breathing. It wasnt that bad, just discomfort after the surgery due to nose being clogged up with something the doc put on and a cast over it for a few days. Then just some appointments to make sure all is well. Go for it, find a good doctor, its not that dangerous.

Good Luck

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the deviated septum (septoplasty) this morning. The worst part so far is the sore throat from the breathing tube. Everything was done through the nostrils since I didn't have anything cosmetic done - I can imagine recovery from a rhinoplasty would be a lot worse, given that your nose was broken.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it were me doing a POS self-referral (*non-medical professional internets disclaimer*) I'd knock both out in one stone for a single visit by seeing an ENT surgeon in your who has gone back for Plastics specialization within otolaryngology. They can do this via fellowship in the US I believe.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was born with a deviated septum that got terribly worse after getting in an accident while playing sports. I had nasal surgery and the difference is amazing. However, they didn't change the profile or shape of my nose, it was all internal. If I wanted the shape of my nose changed my understanding is that is true rhinoplasty.

I went to several Drs. about it. A few brushed it off. I asked my allergist. He suggested the "most conservative sinus doctor I know". He was great.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AriAngel24