1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Has anyone ever tried this?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Matt, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Ok I have no faith in this whatsoever, but came across it while searching for 'bespoke' and have to ask...has anyone ever tried it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....68&rd=1

2. Ed13

Ed13 Senior Member

It may be worth trying as long as your expectations are very, very low.

3. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

I would think a better "risk" for your $200 would be buying a used Oxxford suit on EBay for the same amount of money. I wouldn't chance it....

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

nah - im not even remotely tempted - i live in Vietnam, the cheap tailoring epicenter of the universe, but when I came across it, it did make me wonder if anyone had tried it out.

It is interesting however to think that while ppl order suits from Thailand at these prices off the internet with no face to face consultation, they could also be ordering from England - but Im not sure that makes it any better in any sense other than perception though.

5. Ed13

Ed13 Senior Member

The suit may still be made in the Orient even though you are ordering in England. If this is the case, you are just adding an extra layer for commissions/profit and would be better off to order directly from the tailor.