1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Has anyone ever had a tailor completely rehaul a pair of jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LipsMahoney, Aug 20, 2007.

1. LipsMahoney

LipsMahoney Active Member

I just received a pair of non-refundable Helmut Lang jeans in the mail and, crumby thing is, they're much too large - in the waist, seat, thighs, and calfs....everywhere too large and too baggy. Has anyone ever had a tailor completely rehaul a pair of jeans? How did they turn out? How much might I be looking at?

Thanks!

2. Tarmac

Tarmac Distinguished Member

3. lpwb32

lpwb32 Senior Member

i recently had a pair of loose fit gap jeans transformed into a much snugger straight fit. i've had these jeans since high school and couldnt bear to part with them. cost me $14.

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

StyleForvm's Men's Clothing: When dozens of opinions from SW&D just aren't enough. [​IMG]

5. stickonatree

stickonatree Distinguished Member

the tailor will have to recut the pants if it's a really serious problem. recutting costs a ton more than a simple waist/seat/thigh take-in. it really depends on the tailor how much you will pay, but assuming he has to recut it, it will most likely cost upwards of $20-30.