• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

has anyone ever experienced negative professional/personal consequences from waywt?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of professional consequences, why would your boss care?

repressedm

Reaction score
Well law firms are basically the most uptight organizations ever

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
I don't know anyone in the office that browses this forum. But just to be safe, I don't reveal anything that would give me away in case of future opportunities. I got a Facebook scare on one of my interviews a year back. Some do check on your online activities.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Facebook and Myspace are being checked out frequently these days, I wouldn't be surprised if a more thorough internet search is being performed by some. But would "I noticed you posted a picture of yourself dressed well, on the internet, and exchanged friendly banter with other gentlemen" really be bad? For those like Ed, Kwik, Conne, etc, it may see some negatives. But they're mostly set already.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
People should just create an alternate facebook account for job people. Post some pics of yourself, interests and personal info, have some friends post on your wall. Might work. I dunno. Companies can buy your info even if it's private, including stuff you've deleted or so i've heard

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Don't post pictures of your face and don't tell people your last name. It's because of this same fear that I don't put much personal information on my facebook.. just use it as a chat client to talk to people. I don't really need future employers seeing 500 pictures of me drunk and passed out.

kookydooky

Reaction score
wait.....everything deleted is in some way stored (other than people copy pasting and saving manually) by the company?

I wouldnt see how posting on these boards would make you look bad, unless you troll or something lol

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have first-hand knowledge of law firms' screening processes.

My advice: don't put anything embarassing on the Internet. It will be found if its connected to your name. They can also find usernames connected to your name, if you're too public about the whole deal.

With that being said, if you were somehow connected to this board, they'd probably laugh and move on. They're more concerned with debt or crimes...unless you post some extreme **** in CEsspool.

repressedm

Reaction score
ty breakz

i am now very carefully anonymous

but when i was in high school i was very carefree - i think i have a stupid paper trail on the internet - nothing that bad, just candid and unflattering forum posts and such

will law firms excuse youthful indiscretions

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friends laugh at me.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have an extreme internet trail
the only one who has ragged on me for posting a waywt is my girlfriend

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads