• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has Anyone Else Heard ...

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from Chuck or Jill as to when to expect their shirts? I ordered mine and paid in September. Jill updated me about 3 weeks ago saying that I should get them around 4-21-06. Still no shirts. I asked for another update last week, but no reply. I hope this means they are busy sending them.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bach - I will send out an update. As previously reported yes, we have had incredibly long delays on this and eventually scrapped the tailor I was usung and took the entire order to a bespoke maker for completion at about 3 times the production cost we anticipated. They are being completed now and I expect them at the end of next week. At first we expected him to have everything wrapped up in 3 weeks and it is a bit longer - like 6 because they don't do this sort of volume typically.

If you want the shirt refunded I will eat it, refund your purchase and then resell it.

As promised, we'll be making a nice gift with the shirts after all of the delays on this but I decided to take a huge loss on this order to get it perfect rather than rush it and deliver crap. Taking a loss I can shrug off, delivering crap is not an option on this. I am sorry for the delay and sorry if I have not sufficiently explained why it is taking so long.

I'm headed over shortly to oversee the final inspection and all should be fine. In the end they will be exceptional and I'll eat a loss on it - I am fine with that.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Wow Chuck, sounds like things are typically Italian over there. It's been a long time since we've had a "Chuck on Shirts" treatise. Looking forward to seeing how these new ones turn out!

Tom

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will there be shirts available for purchase, or must you have pre-ordered?
confused.gif
I love that pink one!
smile.gif

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chuck: Not looking for a refund. Just anxious to get the shirts. Sort of "foaming at the mouth."

Typically Italian?! Hey! Chuck and I are Italian! And, we know your shoe size!
devil.gif

Seriously though, when I went there, I didn't have a problem with slowness. In fact, the trains left exactly when scheduled and arrived right on time.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I've got a vowel on the end of my name too--I've just embraced my proud heritage of great clothes, langourous lunches, and late shirts
tongue.gif

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
Seriously though, when I went there, I didn't have a problem with slowness. In fact, the trains left exactly when scheduled and arrived right on time.
I've heard certain Italians in the past made that a high priority.
rolleyes.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Just to chime in again as a FRIEND (yes, Chuck, a friend) and not a MODERATOR, the Italians are almost impossible to deal with if you are a small volume operation.

We discovered this at Kenyon Ridge and went elsewhere.

Hopefully my comments are not the kiss of death for you Charles. People here seem to get all hot and bothered when I stick up for our own merchants...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads