• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone considered the most dramatic... Toupées??

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all the talk about balding around here, does anyone have a toupee or other hair system (extensions?)? Used one? Considered one?

What happened?

Just curious, the whole stem cell thing might not pan out in the next 10 years and I don't know how I'll feel out shaving it all off if I ever face the decision.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing a toupee is like eating TV Dinners. It is a sign of someone simply giving up whatever pride they might have one time possessed. (Proudly posted by a dude with about 298 hairs on top of his head.)

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Don't want to get graft vs. host disease.
tobias20funkethumb624x3rh6.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If I'm lucky I'll look like my grandfather who kept it short as it gracefully thinned.

If I'm not lucky, I'll buzz it off.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have a merkin i wear so only 9" of ******* shows. anymore of it is unsettling.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
For all the talk about balding around here, does anyone have a toupee or other hair system (extensions?)? Used one? Considered one?

What happened?

Just curious, the whole stem cell thing might not pan out in the next 10 years and I don't know how I'll feel out shaving it all off if I ever face the decision.

No. I'm in my thirties, and I still have such a thick head of hair that my barber thins out my hair with the special serrated device so that it doesn't get out of control. But I am going gray early, which is sometimes cool, and sometimes not soo cool....

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
merkin .

Nice 17th century hair peice reference.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Nice 17th century hair peice reference.
No.
We're totally down with merkins in the here and now.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'd kill for grey hair.

Originally Posted by NoVaguy
No. I'm in my thirties, and I still have such a thick head of hair that my barber thins out my hair with the special serrated device so that it doesn't get out of control. But I am going gray early, which is sometimes cool, and sometimes not soo cool....

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some nice hair pieces that look real and pretty good. Nothing like the helmet heads of the past.

Tardek

Reaction score
A guy from work just got a toupee.

Very noticeable.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tardek
A guy from work just got a toupee.

Very noticeable.

Well, if you go from balding/bald to full head of hair there might be a problem.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just fcking get rid of it I say. I started losing mine in my early twenties and sucked it up and took a razor to it.

Best haircut I've ever had.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads