• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

has any active sf'er ever died?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember an SFer dying on us. Should be easy to find out though, just do a search on "good riddance" or "*************"

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I don't remember an SFer dying on us. Should be easy to find out though, just do a search on "good riddance" or "*************"

I think those are only Franny posts.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203

laugh.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose that the overwhelming majority of SFers are of an age when they are not likely to become croakers anytime soon.

Since I am one of the oldest guys active on this forum--and I have lousy longevity upline--I'll probably be checking out before most of you.

I can think of one guy who was active in the clothing fora in my early days here and became a leading luminary on Dandyism.net who sort of disappeared mysteriously. I never learned whether he had kicked the bucket or just got fed up with the forum culture. He was not young but not terribly old either--late 50s as I recall.

Howell31

Reaction score
when loved forum member gives up the ghost, someone should start a "viewing" thread. post pics of the dead dude in his open box....give people a chance to pay their respects (or disprects). something to think about for all those wills...

Howell31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by csnotlimah1
why is this so?

People can still be stylin' in the casket dude

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Howell31
when loved forum member gives up the ghost, someone should start a "viewing" thread. post pics of the dead dude in his open box....give people a chance to pay their respects (or disprects). something to think about for all those wills...

This has to be one of the creepiest ideas I've heard in a while.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
This has to be one of the creepiest ideas I've heard in a while.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

svelten

Reaction score
Ditto on car forums. I've been around a few and quite a number of respected members have passed on. Wasn't there a rather prolific guy on SF who became extremely broke and vanished without a trace without sending some items? That's close enough to it.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been on a teen forum for about 5 years, and they had two members die, one in a motorbike crash and another from cancer. All the more depressing that the forum was entirely populated by 14-24 year olds.

The motorbike one was possibly the worst because for months before he was talking about looking forward to buying the new bike and then a few weeks later one of his irl friends/family logged on to his account to let everyone know what had happened.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Howell31

And then read 5 pages worth of how the knot on his tie could have been better and "I think he should have went with navy, not black for eternity"?

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My local NFL team forum has had a lot of members pass away. They have a whole memoriam thread with their names and stories. A lot of them pretty young too.

No one on SF though. A bunch of virgins living in parents basements spending all their time online have a very low risk of death.

Howell31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
And then read 5 pages worth of how the knot on his tie could have been better and "I think he should have went with navy, not black for eternity"?

why stop there when you could have so much fun critiquing the the style, color and finish of the receptacle---not to mention the dead dudes makeup

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads