1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Harvie&Hudson

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ollie, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ollie

ollie Active Member

Hello there,

does anyone know if the british shirtmakers Harvie&Hudson use fused or none-fused-collars in their rtw line?
    i just can´t figure out from their website...

thank you

2. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

Unless they have changed in the last year (I doubt it)- non fused.

3. ollie

ollie Active Member

hello nonk, thank you for your answer.
    meanwhile i heard in LL that their rtw shirts use fused collars and their mtm shirts use non-fused collars. wich one where you refering to? what is your overall impression of the shirts?

4. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

No bespoke or MTM shirts for me, a poor student.

I was referring to their RTW shirts of which I have 5 or 6.

I am very happy with them.

I like the quality of the cloth, very smooth, easy to wash and stupidly easy to iron. The collars are non fused, and the cuffs are extremely stiff which I like. They have a split yoke and shell buttons, with double needle stitching and are made in the UK.

I personally think they are excellent value on sale, at around £30 each, and far better than the nearby offerings from Tyrwhitt and Lewins.(I seem to be lone voice on this!)

They remind me of my Clarke & Dawe shirts which are my favourites.

They also come in 3 sleeve lengths.

I would encourage all members who are after a shirt at this price point to try them.

My only criticism (taking into account the price, please no unrealistic comparisons with much more expensive brands) is that I would personally like the tails a bit longer.