1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Harvie&Hudson

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ollie, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ollie

ollie Active Member

Hello there,

does anyone know if the british shirtmakers Harvie&Hudson use fused or none-fused-collars in their rtw line?
    i just can´t figure out from their website...

thank you

2. Nonk

Nonk Senior Member

Unless they have changed in the last year (I doubt it)- non fused.

3. ollie

ollie Active Member

hello nonk, thank you for your answer.
    meanwhile i heard in LL that their rtw shirts use fused collars and their mtm shirts use non-fused collars. wich one where you refering to? what is your overall impression of the shirts?

4. Nonk

Nonk Senior Member

No bespoke or MTM shirts for me, a poor student.

I was referring to their RTW shirts of which I have 5 or 6.

I am very happy with them.

I like the quality of the cloth, very smooth, easy to wash and stupidly easy to iron. The collars are non fused, and the cuffs are extremely stiff which I like. They have a split yoke and shell buttons, with double needle stitching and are made in the UK.

I personally think they are excellent value on sale, at around £30 each, and far better than the nearby offerings from Tyrwhitt and Lewins.(I seem to be lone voice on this!)

They remind me of my Clarke & Dawe shirts which are my favourites.

They also come in 3 sleeve lengths.

I would encourage all members who are after a shirt at this price point to try them.

My only criticism (taking into account the price, please no unrealistic comparisons with much more expensive brands) is that I would personally like the tails a bit longer.