Harvie and Hudson Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Thecrabbisk, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Thecrabbisk

Thecrabbisk Member

Has anyone tried the Harvie and Hudson suits with the Alfred Brown cloth woven in the UK? I bought a couple suits, great bargain for only about $400 each. They're definitely a fall/winter weight suit, but the quality and details is well above average for a RTW. Pick stitching, floating canvas that you can feel in the chest, nice British cut, 2 button suit. I know it's not a fully canvassed suit but it feels light years better than most RTW suits I've tried. I feel like I can crumple it up in the chest and it'll still be as soft and flexible as a blanket. I just wish it were a lighter, 3 season fabric. Any opinions?

2. Barry432

Barry432 New Member

Good to hear you views - I have only just discovered H&H and their suits look better than the standard OTP. Although after a visit to the store it is quite a limited range and some popular sizes had sold out.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013

3. comrade

comrade Senior member

4. Barry432

Barry432 New Member

I actually quite like the Maroon overcheck - I went into the shop recently and I do like their suits which appear well made. The range is limited though with only a few colours. A grey 44R not available (did not like the herringbone version)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Seem expensive but scant descriptions. I would certainly not die for such things.