• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harvie and Hudson: Slim Fit?

pred02

Reaction score
I know harvie and hudson have an online site, but I do not see them selling any slim fit shirts (where as TM Lewin, CT, and TP do). Does anyone know if they offer them or if they are going to offer them anytime in the near future?

Thanks!

StopPolloition

Reaction score
They offered them last year IIRC, and it is back on their site. These are probably limited runs and go in and out of stock quickly is my guess. Anybody know how these fit?

card_richelieu

Reaction score
They are up again and with a decent selection. I've been waiting and have now pounced. I wouldn't wait long based on past experience.. but of course the recession may have made recent history defunct..

arduous1

Reaction score
are they a true slim fit? mind posting what size u bought and its measurements? perhaps pics?

thx,
ard

goretexman

Reaction score
Measuring a 38cm (15") slimfit shirt with a steel measuring tape (not the ideal tool for the job!) I get 110cm (43¼") right below the armholes, and 100cm (39¼") further down. As a comparison, a “slimline” shirt from Swedish shirtmaker Stenströms with the same collar size measures at 100cm (chest) and 90cm (waist). That is almost too slim, even for me!

YourArsenal

Reaction score
Sorry to drag up an old topic here, but it might be of interest to fellow tall guys that in their Jermyn St store they carry (or at least did back in September) a handful of slim fit shirts in 'long' sizes. I don't see this anywhere on their site, so it might be a 'store only' thing? The sleeve on my 16.5 is 37in, which as far as I can tell is only avaiable online with an added alterations fee. And there's no note of any sleeve measurement on the label, it simply says "16.5 L", so they don't appear to be altered shirts. It's honestly one of my best fitting OTR shirts (although it should be noted that I'm a fairly big guy - 44in chest, 40in waist). Picked up 3 for £100.

I was just measuring one of my H&H slim fit shirts to compare with the Brooks Brothers extra slim fits I'm contemplating ordering. If the measurements on the BB site are anything to go by, they appear to be fairly similar - about 1" more room in the chest on the H&H slim fits, waist measurement pretty much the same. H&H are substantially longer though - the back of mine measures 37in, against BB's 32.5, although I would think this changes somewhat with sleeve length, but who knows.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka