1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Harvie and Hudson sleeves

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lovenumbers, May 19, 2006.

1. lovenumbers

lovenumbers New Member

Have any of you every gotten shirts from Harvie and Hudson whose sleeves are cut on a slight bias?

On most shirts, when a sleeve is laid flat (as when ironing the sleeve) the grain of the fabric or the stripes will follow the crease along the top of the sleeve, meeting in a symetrical chevron along the seam. On some (but not all) Harvie and Hudson shirts I have the grain of the fabric or the stripes do not follow the top crease, but rather follow the seam that goes the length of the sleeve - at least the front of the sleeve does. That is, if you were to look along the seam that goes the length of the sleeve, on one side the stripes would be parallel to that seam.

If you have never seen this I'm sure my description isn't very clear. If you have seen this, what do you suppose is the purpose?