1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hart Schaffner Marx- worth $400?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wsblend, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

Are you yanking his chain?

2. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

Yeah, that's one for the history books. :laugh:

3. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

About what?

4. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

You said he had "lots of good info."

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Now that I re-read what he wrote...Yes! At the time....I must have been drunk! :confused:

6. Chase H

Chase H Senior member

Whatever you've been drinking, I want some.

7. schmave

schmave New Member

Wearing a Hart Schaffner Marx suit right now. I haven't taken it apart, but it does feel like a half canvassed suit. I bought it at Nordstrom Rack. I noticed that Nordstrom['s is now carrying a lot of these suits. Is it possible that Nordstrom has demanded a more upscale quality than the fused suits others have discussed.

I really like the quality of the fabric. I am a natural size 40, and the fit was perfect off the rack. I actually like the feel of it as much as a couple of Hickey Freeman suits I bought around the same time for $150-$200 more.

8. bobbynardo

bobbynardo Member

I like Hart Schaffner Marx (HSM). Note, however, HSM suits, including their made-to-measure (MTM) suits that may have floating canvases, use fusing in some parts of the jacket. Watch this HSM video: . That said, HSM's off-the-peg suits and sportcoats are good value if you don't pay too much for them. I've found good deals at Nordstrom Rack, for example. The absolute most I'd personally pay for an HSM suit or sportcoat is $200. If more than $300, you may be better off at least looking at online MTM options at that price point.