• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry Young Shoes in Toronto

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
Does anyone in Toronto shop at Harry Young? They have 2 locations. One at 67 Front Street East and one right at Yonge & St. Clair near my work which I visited at lunch today.

The men's shoes are downstairs and I'd say 2/3 of the store are on clearance right now. Although I just dropped in to pick up some rubber overshoes, I noticed some really good deals. They carry a mix of mid-end to high end such as Johnston & Murphy, Rockport, Allen-Edmonds, and Donald J. Pliner and a number of others.

David was working downstairs and I appreciated his honesty and matter of factness. Definitely made it comfortable shopping there without any pressure whatsoever.

By the way, the rubber overshoes I picked up were Tingley "Moccasin" style rubbers for $26. They also have another version called "Storm" that looked pretty good. That tends to be the going rate for most rubbers though I've seen less attractive ones go for $35-40. Well, it's hard to find attractive overshoes, IMO, but I find that these ones don't look awful and unsightly like many others I've seen do.

Any experience shopping at Harry Young? A small purchase on my part, but I can say that I was pleased with the experience.

maufic

Reaction score
How much of a mark down is there on the clearence items?

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
There were no signs explicitly saying any %'s, but I simply recall being impressed with the markdowns that I saw. $150 shoes for $80 so almost 50% in that case. What I noticed was less of a mark down on Allen-Edmonds. It appeared to me that the higher end the shoe, the less percentage discount. Though decent savings if you found a shoe you liked nevertheless. Sorry my memory doesn't allow for more precise examples.

By the way, is anyone familiar with the Blondo brand from Canada? I first noticed a pair of boots at The Bay for $150 and then saw the same pair at Harry Young for $135. Not huge savings, but 15 bucks is 15 bucks. While I didn't find the styles to be outstanding, simply average but good, I felt the quality was very good from a waterproofing perspective and the grips seemed solid.

AB01

Reaction score
I got a Blondo boot at Brown's for $150 (as I have said here so many times). Now it's $125 at Brown's, I think.

I'll check out Harry Young as soon as I have a chance. I'm looking for burgundy shoes. I found some on eBay, but rather get to try them on in person.

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
You'll find a few pairs of burgundys at Harry Young for sure.

Was just at Brown's (Eaton Centre) on Sunday. Didn't notice the Blondos there. At $125, I should take a closer look.

Good experience with Blondo?

AB01

Reaction score
So far, so good.

There are not many other options for waterproof boots that are also for dress. Brown's also sells you a spray. I haven't used it yet.

AB01

Reaction score
Checked out the store in the afternoon. Small selection. Didn't see anything nice except a zip boot which was $500.
I'm very close to giving up on Toronto for shoes and buying from the Internet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads