1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Rosen, Hugo Boss, and JP Tilford.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rsid77, Oct 20, 2013.

1. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Agreed, Roger! When she comes to town, dinner and drinks are on me for quite a while.

OT, do you know if the Boxing Day sale is also pretty decent? Or by then is most of the good stuff gone?

2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

They told me that the Boxing Day kicker is only 10%, but I don't know if they'll add more stock (I'd guess yes). They do have door crashers though.

What I thought was interesting was that they said Tom Ford now allows them to move stock to he outlet. Suits were $1699 and shoes were a ridiculous $399. He said they were snapped up almost immediately, including by staff. So I'm hoping ill be able to catch some good TF stuff down the road.

They have a TF belt in stock that was $1500 and marked down to $240 after kicker (24 karat gold). Size 44.

3. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I know the boxing day sale last year was awesome, but I don't recall them having a "Black Friday" sale back then, so it may be different this year.

A few more odds and ends;

Eton shirt
    Baumler trousers in a nice blue flannel
    Robert Talbot Pocket squares
    Borsalino wool cap

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. hrv123

hrv123 Senior member

When does the additional 20% discount end?

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I think tomorrow, but OT would know better than me.

6. bings

bings Senior member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  7. bings

bings Senior member

i stopped in today... man i wish i had of got there sooner. that clearance tie rack was picked clean but i still managed to get a nice Eton and Luciano Barbera tie... Also copped some cashmere socks and a really nice RLBL cashmere sweater.

next year i have to get in there on the Thursday. the SA told me it was a zoo which i believe.

there were some crazy Brunello Cucinelli suits in the back corner on a rack. $3995 marked down to $1995 with another $500 off and then another 20% off after that i tried on a couple but i need a 38R and they started at 40R and went up from there... if they had them in 38R or 38S i would have grabbed two of them.

8. othertravel

They had a Brioni in 38R for $1500 - 20%. At $1200 you're getting close to SF pricing. They even had RLBL suits a few months back for $599.

9. TM79

TM79 Senior member

So here's the catch I didn't consider ...

My friend who did the proxy for me - I won't see her again until like February.

Any of you Canadian folks know about how much it would cost for her to send me 3 sports coats? Just a ballpark range, if you know ... and I'm also unsure what delivery methods Canada offers so if you think one is much better than the other, I'm all ears!

10. othertravel

I'm guessing $30-60 depending on the size of the box she uses and weight.

11. 6up

6up Senior member

+1

The best bet would be to drive down to any border town like Buffalo and ship from there. Cheaper AND faster!

12. bings

bings Senior member

yea UPS it from the US if you can...

i do this pretty often but wont be over there again for a couple weeks.

13. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I dunno - asking your friend to cross the border twice to ship a package seems like asking a lot on top of the proxy outing. Just have her ship it by trackable post. It won't cost a fortune and will get to you within a week.

14. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Yeah, I definitely won't ask her to drive to Buffalo. She lives pretty close to Hamilton so I could never ask her to drive that far to ship me something. I lucked out with the proxy because she needed to be in Toronto that day anyway so I've been trying my best to not inconvenience her as much as possible.

I was crossing my fingers that shipping would be < $100 and sounds like it will, which is awesome. Trackable post it is! Thanks for the help, guys.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  15. bings

bings Senior member

i'm normally not this nice but since i also live in Hamilton i could be convinced to sort this out for you...

16. bings

bings Senior member

hey gents,

i feel like we need a Harry Rosen thread going full-time for sale spotters.

i have some gift cards and want to make the most of them and would appreciate some feedback from guys checking the outlets or bloor st. for when the sales start.

17. othertravel

Was at the outlet recently, and there wasn't much going on.

The one exception was the Tom Ford 3-piece suit in 38R/40R they were selling for $999. Somebody picked it up about a few minutes before I saw it. It was an MTM that wasn't picked up.

The private sale starts this Friday, and Samuelsohn stuff is getting marked down 25-30%. The drops get bigger the closer we get to holiday season.

18. bings

bings Senior member

i would have bought that TF suit in a heart beat... that's pretty much all i am looking for is TF stuff or Loro or similar...

19. WildeMan

WildeMan Senior member

I was at the new Harry Rosen Outlet store at Vaughn Mills. A very small space, stuffed with clothes.

Suits and sportcoats were mostly Tilford and Baumler, although I saw some nice Corneliani jackets for $1299. No Brioni (in my size, anyway).

Sales staff very young - skinny guys in skinny suits, and some attractive, flirty women. There was one early-middle-age SA, who seemed to be doing the heavy-lifting.

I think the selection is more upscale at Heartland, but so, too, is the typical shopper.

20. bings

bings Senior member

the outlet in ssauga is an additional 20% off starting today.

i'll be there tomorrow probably.