• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry Rosen, Hugo Boss, and JP Tilford.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^ Wish I had seen your post earlier, Levoosh.

I popped up there this morning and scored a Brioni cashmere SC. :)

There wasn't a lot of Samuelsohn in my size (43 / 44) but they had one solid medium-grey wool SC that fit me exceptionally well.  I probably would have grabbed it if I could figure out what the heck I would wear a solid grey SC with.

I think brown or olive trousers would work with grey. With a solid navy tie (knit or grenadine).

Last edited:

LEVOOSH

Reaction score

^^^ Wish I had seen your post earlier, Levoosh.

I popped up there this morning and scored a Brioni cashmere SC. :)

There wasn't a lot of Samuelsohn in my size (43 / 44) but they had one solid medium-grey wool SC that fit me exceptionally well.  I probably would have grabbed it if I could figure out what the heck I would wear a solid grey SC with.

Good man Roger - it's the thought that counts! Another beneficint member of our Toronto SF community has offered to help me out so I should be ok.

Enjoy your new SC - would love to see a pic when you get a chance.

I picked up a light grey Canali cashmere and hemp K jacket last year. I think its very important for a grey jacket to have real texture to work at all.

I wear mine for more casual occasions so great with jeans but also with brown trousers as OT pointed out. If you are going to do a solid knit with it then I would recomend a bolder shirt to break up all of the solids.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also check out the Tilford shirts at the outlet. They're like $50 or something and with Thomas Mason fabrics. Check out the quality:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think brown or olive trousers would work with grey. With a solid navy tie (knit or grenadine).

Thanks OT. I was thinking about brown, but I would want something in a flannel as it's a fairly heavy wool. Thanks for the heads-up that they would honour the sale a day early, as well.

Good man Roger - it's the thought that counts! Another beneficint member of our Toronto SF community has offered to help me out so I should be ok.

Enjoy your new SC - would love to see a pic when you get a chance.

I picked up a light grey Canali cashmere and hemp K jacket last year. I think its very important for a grey jacket to have real texture to work at all.

I wear mine for more casual occasions so great with jeans but also with brown trousers as OT pointed out. If you are going to do a solid knit with it then I would recomend a bolder shirt to break up all of the solids.

I'm glad you're covered my man. I agree with you about texture. I think this one may have a fine herringbone, but there is texture of some kind to the cloth. I may go back and see what they might have in matching trousers - I don't own jeans decent enough to pair with a jacket. The fit was really good and the price hard to ignore.

Anyway, here's a crappy phone pic of the Brioni. I grabbed a pair of heavy grey flannel trousers which I needed in any event and happen to work well with the SC.

orig.jpg

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
Beautiful coat!

Who makes the trousers? Can never have too many pairs of mid-grey flannels.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. You're going to laugh, but I don't remember the trouser make.
shog[1].gif
I had three different pairs laid out with the coat - one was a Rosen store brand and the other two I never checked the make - just picked the one that looked best. This was one of those other two.

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
A sign you shop too much is when you cannot remember what you bought :slayer:

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice coat. I have a friend who lives 15 minutes from there and she's heading over tomorrow to check stuff out. Will definitely be asking her if that's in a 40R.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody should pick up the Lattanzi for RLPL ankle boots. Something like $480 + tax.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to limit my purchases, but seeing Roger's SC makes me want to buy one for myself. Let's post pics of our purchases in this thread.

I asked one of the SAs about Tom Ford, and they said they received a Tom Ford tux in 36R/S that was swept up pretty fast. Also, Harry's now carrying Church's shoes, so I bet more than a few will end up at the outlet. They'd be a decent purchase for under $300.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Roger P, that coat is beautiful.

Too bad I am too far from Mississauga. I hope they will have some decent deals in the regular HR stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads