• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry Rosen brand suit

maxmaxmaxmax

Reaction score
First off, thanks for all the great info on the fora. I've been lurking around for a while and learned a lot.

Does anyone have any experience with the Harry Rosen brand suits they sell at the outlet? They are relatively slim fitting suits with high gorge and fit/feel quite nice. The salesman said they're comparable to Coppley - half-canvas - and that they're made by a company called Tombolini in Italy.

Just wanting to learn more about these suits and whether they're worth my hard-earned coin.

Thanks in advance.

max

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry Rosen's house brand in half canvas? Yikes...I recall visiting the shop in Canada and being very impressed with quality. Shocked they wouldn't outsource to Zegna or some such. Odd.

R-H

Reaction score
I have one. The fit is better than any of my other suits but I wouldn't consider it a top-notch brand. Certainly below Copley and any other mid-range RTW that Harry Rosen sells.

The material has held up well but feels a bit cheap (kind of like Hugo Boss)

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one and I've found it to be a decent suit, I'd get it over copley. On sale its decent but otherwise I'd purchase on the forums.

maxmaxmaxmax

Reaction score
thanks for the info. it fits great so that's important.

and these are only available at the outlet, so i don't know if they really go on sale...

i just pop into the outlet once in a while looking for good deals on samuelsohn, etc.

is tombolini a well-known manufacturer? what's their reputation like? i had never heard of them and there's not much info about them on the fora.

thanks again,

j

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP,
Are you asking specifically for the 'HARRY ROSEN', or 'J. P. Tilford for HARRY ROSEN' tag or both?

trader

Reaction score
I've tried these on. They're a pretty nice cut in staple colors/patterns. Though I wouldn't pay the 700-800 they're asking. Maybe it'll go down to 500 for boxing day. SA told me they're from an Italian maker and they're sampling them. The were a little full in the waist and the shoulders were a bit off for me. divots
ffffuuuu.gif
I didn't look close enough or do I know enough about construction to tell you how good it is.

maxmaxmaxmax

Reaction score
thanks again, gents,

man of lint, I'm asking about the Harry Rosen brand made by Tombolini. The label inside just says Harry Rosen - Made in Italy. I have one of the JP Tilford by Samuelsohn and I understand they have quite a good reputation.

I agree the waist was a little full. I had to have the pants in the Coppley let out a bit to accommodate my frame. The pants on the Harry Rosen don't need any waist/seat alterations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads