Harrison overcoat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hopkins_student, Nov 8, 2004.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Is this a reputable maker? Â High quality? Â What do you think? Harrison Overcoat

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Never heard of them. Any relation to the cloth manufacturer? They are first rate.

3. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

I just picked up a Hickey Freeman Collection overcoat that is 100% cashmere and very similar to this at Century 21 in NY. It was priced at $480 ($1800 retail).

4. acole

acole Senior member

I know nothing authoritative about the label, but I did get two "Harrison" ribbed cashmere turtlenecks through Bluefly last year; I believe those have been discussed here. Â To make this post even more non-committal: I can't decide whether I like them or not. [​IMG] That overcoat might be a good candidate for BF's liberal (read: universal) return policy--take one for the team, then let us know what you think.

5. rlevine

rlevine Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this Harrison brand is a bluefly house brand.

6. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Did you ever purchase this coat?

7. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

I bought a Harrison sweater from Bluefly and became suspicious. I believe they are definitely their house brand. There is nothing else about them anywhere.

8. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

(rlevine @ 08 Nov. 2004, 8:15) I have a feeling this Harrison brand is a bluefly house brand.
    I bought a Harrison sweater from Bluefly and became suspicious. Â I believe they are definitely their house brand. Â There is nothing else about them anywhere.
    What do you think of the quality and fit of the sweater you bought?

9. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

When I bought it, I don't think I was expecting great quality, since I had never heard of the brand. I just really wanted a sweater in a "dark chocolate"-like color. I bought the cashmere crewneck and the quality and fit is not too great. I wish it were more slim, for it fit like it was stretched out. I think it would make a perfect casual-event type sweater.

That was also my first cashmere sweater, so I don't know if my opinion should really be considered for I don't know how quality cashmere should feel or fit. I think I might be a bigger fan of wool. I really would like to hear someone's opinion on the overcoats, though. I wouldn't mind adding a gray one to my wardrobe. They really can't be that bad...or can they?