• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

harrison cashmere

jcash001

Reaction score
anyone know about a label "Harrison" - quality/fit/price; i had seen a 100% cashmere coat on bluefly original price of $1500 marked down substantially. bluefly usually carries cashmere sweaters by Harrison also. any thoughts appreciated.

bluefly is usually good about quality, but i have never heard of this label.

thanks.

Sevcom

Reaction score
The sweaters feature some decent cashmere, but they're cut like a Brooks Brothers oxford shirt. They really fit loosely.

Run a search on Harrison and Bluefly. People have complained about the quality and cut of the overcoats.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't bought any Harrison cashmere items form Bluefly, but I as well recall reading that quality was less than stellar for prices charged. As well, I am always at odds when I see items offered that I have never heard of and that when I try to find out about the company and even post questions here I hit a dead end. Sure, not everyone knows what Borrelli is, but you can easily find out about their quality in under an hour using Google.

Jon.

bryce330

Reaction score
Try searching the archives - I think somebody else bought a Harrison coat from Bluefly recently and said it was a piece of crap.

tdial

Reaction score
I have a hypothesis, that I haven't researched at all, so this is strictly conjecture:

I saw a bunch of "Harrison" cashmere items hit Bluefly in late October. I have thought for some time that as Bluefly builds its customer base, its reach, and its brand, that at some point it would pursue some sort of private label brand of its own and then sell the items on its site.

When I saw "Harrison" items pop up, my immediate reaction, since I couldn't find this label anywhere either, was that this was Bluefly's fist launch into private label.

Of course, this is all conjecture.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a Harrison cashmere turtleneck sweater last year.

It sucked.

Shoddy quality, and too short for me to wear. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with it.

Sevcom

Reaction score
I saw a bunch of "Harrison" cashmere items hit Bluefly in late October. I have thought for some time that as Bluefly builds its customer base, its reach, and its brand, that at some point it would pursue some sort of private label brand of its own and then sell the items on its site.

When I saw "Harrison" items pop up, my immediate reaction, since I couldn't find this label anywhere either, was that this was Bluefly's fist launch into private label.

I bought my Harrison sweater more than a year ago; they seem to have cropped up the past two winter seasons. In any case, they're really not worth the money.

Crockett

Reaction score
I am another victim of the Harrison Cashmere sweater low-price temptation. It is pure junk. I wonder if I can return it. I have only worn it once to a restaurant that has very dim lighting.

acole

Reaction score
As to tdial's hypothesis, I went ahead and asked them.  I promptly received this response from Bluefly:
Thank you for writing.  Harrison cashmere sweaters are one of Bluefly's private labels.  We do have a few other labels of our own such as Hayden and Cullen cashmere sweaters.  If you have any other questions about any of these labels, please let us know and we will be happy to supply you with any information needed.
They didn't answer my main question, which was "Who makes Harrison?"  If I cared to pursue it, my next question would probably be, "Since Harrison is exclusive to Bluefly, what exactly is the basis for stating that a $320 overcoat is "78% off retail"?  It's not like they ever list them at the "full" $1500...

This thread has pretty much deterred me from ordering one of those overcoats; I was thinking about trying one and reporting back.  I also have two of their T-necks, probably the same as montecristo's.  Mine are likewise too short.

jcash001

Reaction score
to all - thanks for research and comments; i thought something was a little a miss, but i must say i have purchased Luciano Barbera suits from bluefly and was surprised - they were from Louis, in Boston, according to their label inside the jackets. haven't seen any more since those two i bought a few years ago. they are just awesome...

this is for those who bought from bluefly, and weren't happy with harrison or other items - bluefly does have 90 day return policy; and it if the item was a piece of crap, even if past the 90 days, i would raise the issue with them - doesn't matter what you paid, if the merchandise isn't the quality it should be then i would bring this to them.

regarding the jacket i purchased - it is OK, just OK and i think I am going to return it. just an FYI - the label inside the jacket says "made in Bulgaria" - to me it does seem a bit shoddy in materials and construction.

I hate to buy a "label" just for a "label" but at least you generally know what you are paying for.

on cheap cashmere - in the fall/winter - check out Costco - they carry Kirkland - their own private label - great sweaters for $50 or so, for just hanging out at home and running errands...save the cash and spend it on something nice when you really need it...

thanks again for your comments.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for necroposting this thread, but I saw this on sale at Bluefly:

Harrison black stripe thermal zip hoodie

Obviously, this isn't cashmere, but I was wondering if the questionable quality still holds. There are things in the product photo that look concerning, like the fit around the shoulders and the way the pockets pull at the fabric, but maybe that's just the result of the bamboo/cotton material.

The reason I ask is because the design is totally up my alley. But I don't want something that's ill-fitting and is going to fall apart. Maybe Bluefly upped the quality of their house brand (well of course the house brand of a discounter would never sell for retail!) since this thread.

Thoughts?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops... sorry. I thought this thread was in SW&D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads