Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Harold's

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scottmag, Oct 8, 2003.

1. scottmag

scottmag Well-Known Member

I went into a Harold's for the first time recently at a local mall (Raleigh, NC) and was impressed by what I saw there.  The colors and patterns, especially on the women's clothes, had what I'd call a Ralph Lauren "country" look.  The clothes I looked at including the suits had a Harold Powell label.  Can anyone comment on the quality of this brand or on Harold's in general?  Thanks.

Scott

2. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

I have three Harold's suits, all made in Italy, and they are wonderful. I am happy with my purchases.

By the way, I got them at Harold's annual warehouse sale in Fair Park in Dallas. Each was marked way, way down to $199. They are all 120's wool. I think $600 for three such suits was a pretty good deal, so I got 'em. This was four years ago now and they are doing great. I do not know who makes them for Harold's. I believe Harold's is based in Oklahoma. Tulsa maybe. Big store in Highland Park here in Dallas.

3. scottmag

scottmag Well-Known Member

They have some kind of sale now - four pieces for $595. Two of those "pieces" are a suit sold as separates. It's black and noticeably different in quality than the other suits they have. I didn't see any labeling differences and don't know the distinctions. Honestly I still can't reliably feel if a suit is fused or not. The suits I liked there were in the $500-600 range. What was the regular price of those you got for $199?

Scott

4. vero_group

vero_group Senior member

Same range, $500 to $600.