• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hard Graft footwear... "HELP ME OUT"

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone that owns or has owned Hard Graft footwear, tell me there experience with them?

I plan on purchasing a Pair of Low boots from them. http://www.hardgraft.com/products/menslowboot-allgrey

I can not decide between them and Alden Indy. I am more drawn to Alden because they are experts in the footwear industry.

Last edited:

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hard Graft themselves claim to be designers. Do you want a designer shoe or a shoemakers shoe? The answer should be simple. I'll add that the Alden even looks better.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard Graft themselves claim to be designers. Do you want a designer shoe or a shoemakers shoe? The answer should be simple. I'll add that the Alden even looks better.
I can't decide lol. Yes I think the Alden does look better. But I don't think I will be able to wear the Alden in warmer weather, and the Hard Grafts I could.

Picture the Hard Grafts with flat black waxed laces, they would look a lot better. Dont you think?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this this a joke... the hard graft shoes look like those heeled sneakers girls are wearing

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Buy the Aldens when the cold weather reappears. Until then, buy some other shoe or boot fit for wear during warmer weather. Make sure they're worth purchasing in regards to quality and durability. Check out the shoes and boots threads on the forum for ideas on what you might want, checking there is also a surefire way to guarantee you're getting quality as SF members don't really settle for crap, noticeable by phoenix's comment.

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this this a joke... the hard graft shoes look like those heeled sneakers girls are wearing
Haha I know what you mean they also look like bowling shoes w/ those laces. They dont look like that when they are on your feet though.
They seem to resemble, a luxury handmade version of CP achilles mids. "THAT CAN BE RESOLED AND THAT IS A MAJOR PLUS"

Last edited:

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
To make matters worse I've just noticed the damned brand in the HG boot. Just take my advice and give it no further thought. Stay away from that brand.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy the Aldens when the cold weather reappears. Until then, buy some other shoe or boot fit for wear during warmer weather. Make sure they're worth purchasing in regards to quality and durability. Check out the shoes and boots threads on the forum for ideas on what you might want, checking there is also a surefire way to guarantee you're getting quality as SF members don't really settle for crap, noticeable by phoenix's comment.
Do you own any Alden boots? I want to wear them in like 80F degree weather. Would that be comfortable, I know they are unlined, and dont seem to be too high of a model, almost mid height.

I have a couple pairs of Common Projects for the days that are too hot, and when I wear shorts.

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Leather boots in general tend to ward of most heat when wearing a simple dress sock 'neath them but ofcourse if it's too hot, it's too hot. I would say throw out your common projects (something I'd never heard of until now) and buy some monks for the summer. Or a nice loafer for cruising about. Save the Alden boot for when the season requires them or when they're on sale.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather boots in general tend to ward of most heat when wearing a simple dress sock 'neath them but ofcourse if it's too hot, it's too hot. I would say throw out your common projects (something I'd never heard of until now) and buy some monks for the summer. Or a nice loafer for cruising about. Save the Alden boot for when the season requires them or when they're on sale.
I am thinking of selling "not throwing out lol. $300+ a pair" all my Common Projects, and just buying both these shoes. I don't wear low dress shoes, they just don't match my style of usual wear. I wear Flat Head jeans, and Outlier pants for bottoms, and plain W+H t-shirts or plain designer dress shirts every day.

What is your opinion on the Hard Graft boots? Picture them with 5mm flat black waxed laces.

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As I've said many times now in many other words the graft boots just look ridiculous. Don't know anything about the construction but they look very bad. Go to a store and try on the boots, see if they seem too thick for wear in warm weather. Can't help you outside of that. Just look for good looking quality rather than design crap. That's what CM is about IMO.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I've said many times now in many other words the graft boots just look ridiculous. Don't know anything about the construction but they look very bad. Go to a store and try on the boots, see if they seem too thick for wear in warm weather. Can't help you outside of that. Just look for good looking quality rather than design crap. That's what CM is about IMO.
They don't have a retail store lol. Thanks for your time and help. I am more towards the Aldens at the moment.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to post this on Streetwear & Denim. I don't think you are going to get the feel back you are looking for here in MC...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads