• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Shark Week, everyone!!!!

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
remembered seeing this in some subforum
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of my favorite insults is "she's uglier than a *********".

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Because of that one, I was certain that this one from last week was fake too...until I found out it was real. Whale, not shark...but still...DAMN:

Whale-onto-boat.jpg

Interestingly, the whale shot was taken in South Africa, which is the only place in the world where great white sharks jump out of the water. Apparently the ginormous sea life is just flyin' through the air down there.

I cannot imagine how terrifying a flying great white shark would be. Sharks are scary enough; flying sharks are da debil. Personally, I think we should give in to their demands, lest they get angry and begin to use their superpowers against us.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dammit, it's Shark Week and they have The Colony on during prime time????? WTF!!!!!eleven!y!

Originally Posted by MrG
Sharks are scary enough; flying sharks are da debil. Personally, I think we should give in to their demands, lest they get angry and begin to use their superpowers against us.

laugh.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Is he or has he been featured during Shark Week? This is a completely serious question.

I'll have to ask him. It's quite possible. His services are in demand as a charter captain for fishing for mako sharks. I gather they are much more spectacular fighters when hooked than most sharks, often leaping high out of the water.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I want a pet shark so I could call it Chompy.

Why don't you get one? Sharks of the small species are fairly readily available at reasonable cost and are suitable for keeping in salt-water aquariums.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Interestingly, the whale shot was taken in South Africa, which is the only place in the world where great white sharks jump out of the water. Apparently the ginormous sea life is just flyin' through the air down there.

I cannot imagine how terrifying a flying great white shark would be. Sharks are scary enough; flying sharks are da debil. Personally, I think we should give in to their demands, lest they get angry and begin to use their superpowers against us.

flying_shark.jpg

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I'll have to ask him. It's quite possible. His services are in demand as a charter captain for fishing for mako sharks. I gather they are much more spectacular fighters when hooked than most sharks, often leaping high out of the water.

http://newenglandsharks.com/shortfin.htm

shortfin.htm_txt_mako21leapingkent.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Is he or has he been featured during Shark Week? This is a completely serious question.

I asked my replacement about that today. He said he hadn't been on Shark Week but had appeared a number of times on "Shark Hunter" programs.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never really decided what the most baleful, deadly looking creature on earth would be:

One of the most dangerous venomous snakes like a king cobra or black mamba.

One of the big killer sharks.

A large salt-water or Nile crocodile

Anybody have any thoughts?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never really decided what the most baleful, deadly looking creature on earth would be:

I've never been in the water with anything bigger than 12ish feet, but sharks have never gotten to me. There's a bit of an adrenaline rush, some wariness, and then you're good. The thought of running in to a mamba (green or black) scares the hell out of me. They're huge, incredibly fast, aggressive, and the green ones have a bad habit of hanging out in trees. Rattle snakes, copper heads, cotton mouths, etc. don't bug me, but a mamba is no bueno. Alligators and crocodiles don't do it for me either, but they're too lazy looking to appear deadly IMO.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If we're talking about pure looks, I think a lot of people would choose some type of spider. It's not terrifically macho, but I think it's true. As for me, I don't know. I'd probably go with a big croc.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shark Week was so much better when I was a kid. The programming now isn't nearly as good, way to commercialized.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Shark Week, all!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads