• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy birthday

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
To the Old Guy. May you have many more.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Also to Ay...

Don't do anything I wouldn't do....

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
And to the illustrious Mr. Logan Flatt....

May you have many happy and healthy more...

vero_group

Reaction score
Thank you Mr. B. Worked hard all day, but had a nice al fresco dinner late into the night...

I'm enjoying your book, although I must take issue with your paragraph about being judged by employers for the quality of your watch -- I nearly did a spit take when I read that. I interview people for jobs all the time, and on the contrary, if I noticed them wearing a fancy-schmancy watch during an interview (I rarely notice anyway), I'd be concerned that they might spend the shareholders' money just as frivolously. If anything, it would be a moderate strike against them in my book. My 13-year-old Swiss Army watch with replacement mechanism from China has never cost me a job or a consulting gig...

:)

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Logan:

Au contaire, quoting from p. 33- "Your choice in a watch says a lot about you and whether or not you're serious about your career. As with monograms, less is more. Select a thin watch, preferably with a metal band. If you wear a large, ostentatious watch, your interviewer may think you don't need the job."

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
And a happy day to Valmont as well.

Maybe that's why the Forum is so balanced- lots of Libras.

vero_group

Reaction score
Hmmm. I'll have to take a look again and see what paragraph it was that made me spit coffee all over my pants. ;-)

Stay tuned...

Valmont

Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

it was acutally one of the better b-days in a long time. Just wish I could have stayed at 22 a bit longer, it gets kind of scary each year from now on as the big 30 is getting closer...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Michael:

Happy 21st...BIG birthday. May you find the direction you seek, and fulfill all your dreams.

Steve

Michael

Reaction score
Thanks Steve.
biggrin.gif
I'll update y'all tomorrow, for anyone interested. Should be interesting.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
And a Happy Birthday to Mr. Kaplowitz, too.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Happy birthday Navy Styles. I'm sure the Quarter will treat you well tonight (do a body shot at the Dungeon for me.)

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Happy Birthday as well, Mr. Styles...

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Thanks fellas.

So far the day has been alright. I went out to lunch with a faculty member (it just so happened to fall on my birthday). So that was nice to be treated. If only I didn't have classes to get in the way -- especially physics... the prof sure knows how to mess up a perfectly good day. Thanks again for the kind words, guys.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Jeremy. And a belated one as well to High Roller.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads