• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Happy Birthday StyleForum!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
11,035
Reaction score
2,829
Lost amid the return from the Great Crash is StyleForum's fourth birthday, which occurred sometime last week. (Alas, no way to find the first very post.) I shudder to think of what life was like pre-SF . . . poorly fused suits, corrected-grain shoes, etc. Here's to many more!
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
47,294
Reaction score
21,306
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Lost amid the return from the Great Crash is StyleForum's fourth birthday, which occurred sometime last week. (Alas, no way to find the first very post.) I shudder to think of what life was like pre-SF . . . poorly fused suits, corrected-grain shoes, etc. Here's to many more!

You forgot to mention that we invented the internet, or at least the WWW.
 

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
14,913
Reaction score
98
These are the earliest posts I can find without too much effort:
http://www.styleforum.net/forumdispl...c&daysprune=-1

I thought we had some activity in February 02 but maybe I didn't put the site online until March 4 (coincidentally, my 23rd birthday).

Anyway, yay us!
 

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by j
These are the earliest posts I can find without too much effort:
http://www.styleforum.net/forumdispl...c&daysprune=-1

I thought we had some activity in February 02 but maybe I didn't put the site online until March 4 (coincidentally, my 23rd birthday).

Anyway, yay us!



Gee, I wish that FRATERNITYSTUD would come back! (best advice: "wear cologne for the ladies...")
 

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
14,913
Reaction score
98
Originally Posted by Mr. Checks
Gee, I wish that FRATERNITYSTUD would come back! (best advice: "wear cologne for the ladies...")
He was a surprisingly nice guy considering his moniker. I wouldn't be surprised if he were still here under another name, actually.
 

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Joined
Mar 19, 2002
Messages
6,714
Reaction score
163
Originally Posted by j
These are the earliest posts I can find without too much effort:
http://www.styleforum.net/forumdispl...c&daysprune=-1

I thought we had some activity in February 02 but maybe I didn't put the site online until March 4 (coincidentally, my 23rd birthday).

Anyway, yay us!


Wow - some of my first posts show up on page 3 of that link. Funny to go back and read them now...
 

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 23, 2002
Messages
4,558
Reaction score
1,049
Apparently, I made my first contribution to this august forum on March 23rd 2002 (that was the day I signed up). No, it wasn't about shoes. It was about alterations.

Live has never been the same since.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,595
Messages
9,452,459
Members
198,128
Latest member
scjjokj
Top