• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanoi shopping . . . please help

Torrente

Reaction score
Dear gentelman,

I just found out Im travelling on business to Hanoi on monday . . . for a week . .

I usually travel well prepared but this time I have none information at all on good shopping districts, malls, secluded endemic shops and so on . . .
blush.gif

Proably will not have too much free time . . . but does anyone have any advice on the above . . . or advice on anything for that matter . . .
devil.gif

I would be very gratefull . . .

Torrente

kert

Reaction score
i've been to hanoi twice in the last year. there isn't much when it comes to shopping for clothes. the food is great there though. get ready for a ton of mopeds and lots of traffic. if your looking for a hotel, the melia hanoi is pretty good. i stayed there both times. right around the corner from the infamous "hanoi hilton" where john mccain spent some time.

hoi an is quite a distance from hanoi. it's a resort seaport town located centrally.

Torrente

Reaction score
thanks guys . . .

worship.gif
this is something I will be cheking out for sure http://www.yalycouture.com/Index.asp

Check out their ''facilities'' . . . bring on the human rights associations . . .
frown.gif

Will post impressions upon return to homeland . . .

Bye

torrente

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Torrente
thanks guys . . .

worship.gif
this is something I will be cheking out for sure http://www.yalycouture.com/Index.asp

Check out their ''facilities'' . . . bring on the human rights associations . . .
frown.gif

Will post impressions upon return to homeland . . .

Bye

torrente

Hoi An, as kert pointed out earlier is not very close to Ha Noi (that's how we Vietnamese like to spell it
wink.gif
) at all; the distance is about 500-600 miles IIRC. However, if time is not an issue, you might as well catch a fly to Ho Chi Minh city and have m@t (a mod here at SF) hook you up with Dung tailor (supposedly the best in the country) or one of the 1,001 other inexpensive yet good tailors he knows.

poru

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Hanoi next month and I'd love to get a tailored suit while I'm in town. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I should go and what prices I should expect to pay? I've used the search function and besides this thread, all I can find is m@T posting about how boring it is there
laugh.gif

Reaction score
I also need help!

I am getting my girlfriend to get me a custom designed riddler suit from eather Hanoi or Hoi An. It needs to thve the quetion marks printed onto the suit. Also the ties need one question mark embroided. I want rather good quality, if I going to do this I might as well do a good job.

So can anyone help me with the name of some shops that you know are rather cheap and will do a propper job. I would like the e-mail address of as many tailor places in Hanoi or Hoi An so that I may contact them.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads