Hanoï

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Etienne, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

I will be in Hanoï in the middle of April. I think we have at least one Vietnam-based member, have we not ? Any suggestion for shopping and such ? (I should have 3 to 5 days there)

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

[email protected] lives in Vietnam.

3. Matt

Matt [email protected]

gorgeous city to visit. im up there about once a month (im based in Saigon). ill be in Hanoi April 1-4, so guess wont be able to meet you.

Ive never had anything made up there, so not sure about where to point you for tailoring, and shopping wise - like all of VN - there isnt much to rave about. Wander around the old quarter at the top of Hoan Kiem Lake, its very nice.

The area surrounding Hanoi is beautiful, if you get the chance go rent a Minsk from Mr Cuong and head out exploring, but otherwise the city itself should keep you entertained.

Will you get a chance to head out to Halong?

What brings you here? Where you staying?

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

oh - and a restaurant recommendation - check out Wild Lotus on Nguyen Du (in Hanoi dialect thats pronounced approximately as Win Zoo)

Beautiful place....

5. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

What brings you here? Where you staying?
    I don't know where I am staying yet. I should be there to give a seminar to some Vietnamese econmic officials. That means 1 hour of work (well I guess I have to attend at least the rest of the day), and the rest of the time free...

6. Matt

Matt [email protected]

I don't know where I am staying yet. I should be there to give a seminar to some Vietnamese econmic officials. That means 1 hour of work (well I guess I have to attend at least the rest of the day), and the rest of the time free...
    well if the company is paying and hasnt set you any limits, the Sofitel Metropole is fabulous for around $180 per night

7. Matt

Matt [email protected]

oh and btw, feel free to walk out of your seminar. its kinda the vietnamese way [​IMG] if u hv 3 days, stay in hanoi if u hv 5, do 3 days hanoi and an overnight trip to Halong Bay. Do it with Kangaroo Cafe, ask to see Max, tell him Matt-in-Saigon sent you, he will look after you. Kangaroo are good because they are about the only agency that dont overcrowd their vans and boats.

8. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

Thanks for the advice [email protected], I will try and make sure I get 5 days there to go a little further than Hanoï...

9. Julien Perrottet

Julien Perrottet Member

I am also trying to find urgent help.

I am getting my girlfriend to get me a custom designed riddler suit from eather Hanoi or Hoi An. It needs to thve the quetion marks printed onto the suit. Also the ties need one question mark embroided. I want rather good quality, if I going to do this I might as well do a good job.

So can anyone help me with the name of some shops that you know are rather cheap and will do a propper job. I would like the e-mail address of as many tailor places in Hanoi or Hoi An so that I may contact them.

Thanks