• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hang your ties or roll them up?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good. They should hang on your neck, not in your closet.

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Good. They should hang on your neck, not in your closet.
Yeah, that's what they said to this guy about polos...
popped-collar-3.jpg

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gentleman amateur
From Clothes and the Man: http://209.85.175.132/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=1 At the bottom is the section entitled Tie Care As for steaming a tie, I suppose it would not be a good idea if it is a woolen tie from what we have learned from jefferyd.
I have switched to rolling around my finger without folding it over. Steaming near the shower seems to help, to.

pkiula

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cedarville Store
Cedar Tie Hangers and Tie Boxes are available at Cedarville Store. See our affiliate thread for discount coupon code offers.

Regards,
www.CedarvilleStore.com

Where are the "tie boxes"? I quite like the idea of this as I like to roll up my ties instead of hanging them. The Cedarville store doesn't seem to have them anymore. Thanks.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hang ... except for knit ties.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hang them. I have a very nick tie rack. Over time the wrinkles seem to come out. I'm not sure how or why this happens, it just does.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drape mine over suit hangers and have not noticed undue stretching or other adverse effects.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hang them -- device has a wooden frame from which plastic tie-hangers (removable) are suspended perpendicular to the closet rod. This makes it easy to rotate ties back to front.

What I really need is a better belt/suspender hanging solution -- currently I hang them on little plastic children's hangars ...
shog[1].gif

UQMAG

Reaction score
I suggest folding them the same way you bought them....keeps my ties looking new...

Flartchy

Reaction score
ah, necroposting. I tend to toss mine over the backs of chairs, but they get all wrinkly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads