• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hang up the suit jacket when I get to work?

Stuttjukken

Reaction score
When I´m at work, I don´t wear my jacket. I wear the jacket if it´s cold, of course. I wear my waistcoat almost all the time, but not on the warmest days.

Eskie

Reaction score
Actually, I keep two good hangers in my office. One for my jacket, and the second for my coat, when worn. If you are hanging up your jacket, at least make sure it's on the same quality of hanger you have at home, a wire hanger from the cleaners doesn't quite work.

As I typically have lunch at my desk, I don't wear my jacket to a restaurant. But, should I venture out for a meal, the jacket stays on. What I do find odd is that when the weather is cold, I see men keeping their coats at the table, either on an extra chair or the back of their own. There is a reason for a coat check, and not using it makes you appear either cheap, or suffering from separation anxiety.

Maggio

Reaction score
Not many folks where the jackets at their desks. If you get up from your desk, however, put the jacket on. Why else would you wear a suit? I see a lot of people where a suit to the office only to leave the jacket hanging up all day until they leave for the day. Doesn't make any sense to me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads