• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

handmade tie from my Tailor

JOEMASTER

Reaction score
I have 2 tailor shops in my best taste.
Both are in Korea.
One of them the designer is pretty young man.
I have ordered about 4~5 suits from him and one day he gave me this as a gift.
This is made with left over fabric when he make a suit for someone.
I assume the fabric is SCABAL.

Well no matter what this fabric is I really appreciate his kindness.

I do believe will use him more than ever.

Please enjoy my suit fabric tie.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where in Korea did you get them made?

JOEMASTER

Reaction score

Where in Korea did you get them made?

it is a small tailor shop in Itaewon in Seoul.
it is called "SOOM".

byt the way it is not for selling. he makes for his own and some of his good customers only.

Thanks,

Last edited:

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it is a small tailor shop in Itaewon in Seoul.
it is called "SOOM".
byt the way it is not for selling. he makes for his own and some of his good customers only.
Thanks,

More info on the tailor please. Any way to get a better shot of the suit? Canvased? Half-canvassed? Fused?

connor09

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
really nice tie - yes please provide more info on the tailor

JOEMASTER

Reaction score

really nice tie - yes please provide more info on the tailor
Tailor information is follow. Mr. Park. He ever created the brand name "Tailorable" in 5 years ago but now it is operate by his friend. He actaully sold the brand to his friend when he must serve the ARMY for 2 years in seevral years ago. After his return from Army he created another brand "SOOM" and now he works in the "KOREA TAILOR" shop but he uses his own brand. Looks like they collarborate together. Anyways this gentleman makes pretty good suits with very reasonable price range. This time I have ordered Holland & Sherry Flannel suit around 800 pounds. This will be my 4th suit form Mr. Park. His personal bolg is follow. http://blog.naver.com/forlifer Not many suits he posted but you can check his style. His suit is in between British and Italian style but I always ask him to construct more with curved feeling on shoulders. Hope this is helpful. Ps. if you have a chance to visit to Korea there are many choices of Tailors you can try. However this Mr. Park is one of the best in such price range.

JOEMASTER

Reaction score

More info on the tailor please. Any way to get a better shot of the suit? Canvased? Half-canvassed? Fused?

It is full canvased separate suit.
the fabric i have used is CHEIL Fabric which is woven in Korea.
One of the most popular fabric in KR it is very comparble to Canonico Italy.

Thanks~~

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads