Handmade Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by piergiacomi, Jan 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. piergiacomi

piergiacomi Senior member

Hi to all, my name is Emanuel and I'm Italian, my father is an artisan and he produces hand-made shoes with "Bentivegna construction" and "Norvegese costruction". I have come here by accident, and I saw that there are many people competent: I would ask what you think of his work. This is our website, but for now there is still no English version http://www.piergiacomishoes.com/site/en/collection.html If I'm wrong places, you can safely delete Excuse for my english [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

3. countcount

countcount Senior member

4. countcount

countcount Senior member

I saw that there are many people competent: I would ask what you think of his work.

You might try this site too:
    http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't really care for the look of Bentivegna construction and Norvegese costruction, but furthermore, I don't like the shape of the lasts, especially the pointed up toes. I think some of the style and color choices are a bit, well, gaudy.

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i would wear these shoes. they look high quality, a bit gaudy ,yes, somewhere along the lines of borgioli and martegani. but much better made.

7. patrickBOOTH

i would wear these shoes. they look high quality, a bit gaudy ,yes, somewhere along the lines of borgioli and martegani. but much better made.

I don't know about Marteganni, they are much more classic looking then these. These look like John Varvatos and John Fluevog took a shoemaking class together.

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I don't know about Marteganni, they are much more classic looking then these. These look like John Varvatos and John Fluevog took a shoemaking class together.

i agree the toes have the JV curl but the styling and color scheme kind of remind me of the borgiolis/martegani/gravati grouping of shoes sold on the old website francos.com
    the marteganis sold here through rider (affiliated with francos? not sure) i know are more of the classic types

btw, op , how much d o the shoes run for USD?

9. patrickBOOTH

i agree the toes have the JV curl but the styling and color scheme kind of remind me of the borgiolis/martegani/gravati grouping of shoes sold on the old website francos.com
    the marteganis sold here through rider (affiliated with francos? not sure) i know are more of the classic types

btw, op , how much d o the shoes run for USD?

I was talking to Ron about Martegannis at his last trunk shoe at Leffot. He said he bought the name so when you are buying Martegannis you are getting "Rider Boot Co", which are made in the Cortina factory.

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

nice. i didnt know ron had bought martegani, i just thought he was just one vendor for that particular brand

11. piergiacomi

The photos are also "homemade"; I thank you for ideas and advice.
    Right now talking to a customer about own site, and told me that the pictures are not true; he purchased
    [​IMG]
    The color scheme is indicative only, because we use natural leather that we can give any color.
    Mi father in this year celebrates 50 years of shoes.
    Thanks

12. piergiacomi

13. miurasv

miurasv Senior member

What's wrong with the Borgioli shoes in your opinion?

14. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I don't really care for the look of Bentivegna construction and Norvegese costruction, but furthermore, I don't like the shape of the lasts, especially the pointed up toes. I think some of the style and color choices are a bit, well, gaudy.

What the hell is the point of that? It looks horrible and is completely incorrect in a biometrical sense. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. piergiacomi

What the hell is the point of that? It looks horrible and is completely incorrect in a biometrical sense. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is a personal opinion, because those who have requested them loves that kind of tip upward; this photo is not done well, in fact the shoe is more slim, and walking is very rewarding.
    We decided to put it on the site as is comfortable.
    Then even those who are comfortable with the low point, no one doubts; styles are probably a little different, that's all.
    Today or tomorrow we finish a pair of pointy shoes goodyear low, tomorrow will post the photos.