• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handmade MTM in London

TEHesketh

Reaction score
Hi Nadal,

I have several suits from Cheshire Clothing Company which are excellent. After they went bust the key people were taken on by Tony Lutwyche for his operation and I believe he tried to sell their MTM service to others on the row, so it might be worth you looking into that angle.
However, I bought direct from their factory in Crewe and paid the factory price. Now as another Poole customer, I personally would want a bigger price differential to Pooles before going for the MTM options you mention (I would seriously consider it at the factory prices though, if it were convenient for me to go there).

Hope this helps

Rob

LeonM

Reaction score
Found this outfit via a link on A Suitable Wardrobe:

Made To Measure Suits

This label offers our clients an exceptional Made to Measure product cut from our own unique Byrne & Burge pattern in the house style. All garments are made to the highest standards by a dedicated team of Savile Row tailors and cutters. Like the Bespoke garments, they are fully canvassed and handmade, right down to the button holes.
Byrne & Burge provide the additional service of a baste fitting if required. This service has much of the feel and choice of the Bespoke range, with a carefully selected collection of cloths and linings.
Our Made to Measure suits take only 6-8 weeks

www.byrnesofmayfair.com

Ex-Poole's cutter. Maybe of some interest...

Leon

Sleats

Reaction score
Thanks for throwing our name into the hat, Just to clarify on our bespoke suit:
We cut the suit on Savile Row and baste here. Once recut the suit is then stripped down and sent to our workshop overseas. I stress it is our workshop.

The price of our bespoke is £300 pounds on top of out M2M
We also do a semi-bespoke for £150 extra (same handstitching but made straight to finish)

We have in our city shop semi made up jackets showing our differing levels of construction which when I get a sec I will post on out blog and also on here if it is of interest.

Thx Sleats

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
What about off-Row bespoke? There are a few tailors in London who will do full bespoke for £1200 or less, e.g. George's. On the lower end of the scale price-wise there's also Cad and The Dandy who now offer an option which much more handwork on their MTM, though I'm not sure how much of it is done in the country as their cheaper suits are all made in the far east somewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads